ITI in Desktop Publishing Operator
Desktop Publishing Operator is a printed material handling computer operating trade. Trade introduces students to so many aspects of it such as printed materials like books, newspapers, magazines, brochures and advertising; as these publications need to be well designed and laid out to make them attractive and easy to read. The trade is very innovation in media and publication fields as it creates many jobs there for successful candidates including scope for further studies.
Duration : 1 Year with 2 semesters.
Eligibility : Passed 10th Class Examination from a recognised school board.
There will be a theory and practical classes in both the semesters. Subjects to be studied like
- Operating Systems: MS Windows & Internet.
- Adobe Pagemaker: Basic concept, Tutorial, Creating a publication.
- Operating Systems: MS Windows, Networking Concept.
- Printing Process, Document Set Up, Conceptualization of Document, Desk Top Publishing, Typography.
- Coreldraw: Introduction, Drawing and Shaping.
- Printer & Publishing.
- Digital Printing: Types of digital Printing.
- File and Print Management: Printing & Binding.
- They should have habit of paying attention to detail; be able to work independently as well as in a team; be able to follow a design brief closely and accurately.
- They should be able to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines; be flexible and able to adapt quickly to new creative briefs.
- Students should also possess a mind like enjoy doing artistic work; be interested in keeping up to date with new computer software and technology.
- Students should have common computer skills and knowledge; be creative, with an eye for good design; and be able to prioritise a varied workload.
- After passing the trade, they have jobs in any print and book publishing houses or self employment.
- They can also go for further higher studies like Diploma and Bachelor Degree courses.
- They can also find employment in advertising agencies and print media houses.
- They can also become teachers/instructors in training Institutes.
- DTP Operator.
- Graphic Designer.
- Graphic Artist.
- Design Executives.
- Re-toucher – Photo Studio.
- Quality Executive.
- Pre-press Professional.