ITI In Hair and Skin Care
Hair and Skin Care is a health care vocational trade. The duration of trade is one year with two semesters of six months each. There are many topics covered in it such as personality development and reception, anatomy and physiology; hair care – scalp massage and shampooing, hair cutting and styling, colouring and perming; skin care – manicure and pedicure, facial massage and makeup, superficial hair removal and eye- brow shaping, bleaching, etc. After passing trade, they have so many career options in saloons, beauty-care centres and self-employment.
- The trade is very good for students enjoying interacting with people and providing superior service to clients; have strong communication skills and interested in beauty trends.
- They should be able to maintain appointment calendar and client contact records; schedule appointments; order and purchase needed supplies, materials or equipment.
- They also possess business skills like keeping records of client needs and preferences, and the services provided; develop effective and valuable customer service techniques.
- Practice of thread, Knowledge of facial shapes, Practice of Eye brow Shaping, Practice of basics for MS Word, MS Excel
- Practice of Henna Designs on hands, Practice of Decorative Henna designs
- Practice of Nail Shaping, Practice of Nail Enamel application, Preparation of charts, Sketching of diagrams
- Warm up exercises, Practice of 5 different asanas
- Preparation of diet charts
- Preparation of trolley and client for eyebrow shaping, Preparation of material and supplies used, Measuring the brow for correct length and arch, Procedure for giving an eye brow shaping, Sanitation and sterilization of implements, Preparation of client and trolley for bleaching, Preparation of material & supplies, Preparation of bleach pack, Practice of allergy test for bleaching, Practice in application of bleaching pack, Practice of Full Body bleach
- Preparation of trolley and client for hair removal, Procedure of temporary methods of hair removal, Epilation- Waxing: Types of waxes (Oil wax, Flavored Wax, Cold Wax, Chocolate Wax) Threading, Tweezing, Depilation-Chemical depilation, Sanitation and sterilization of implements
- Preparation of trolley and client, Use of manicure & pedicure tools & equipments, Practice of massage – hands Arms, Legs & Feet, Practice of plain manicure and pedicure and nail art, artificial nails, Practice of different types of manicure, Practice of henna with different design (Hand decoration/ Temporary Tattoo application/ Hand Craft/Uses of blocks).
- Observation of Hair
- Select/design final styles according to hair texture and facial shapes, Practices in hair styling techniques
- Project Work
- Practice of Yogic Sukshama Vyayam
- Preparation of diet charts according to different age groups
- Practice of manicure, Practice of pedicure, Practice of waxing, Practice of eye brow shaping, Practice of styling
- Practice of massage manipulations on face, Recognize different skin types Used by derma scope – Dry, Oily, and Normal & Combination Skin, Selection of creams & packs according to skin type, Preparing the trolley & client for facial make-up. Practice in cleansing the face & neck thoroughly, Practice in facial massage with hands & electrical equipments (High frequency, facial vaporizer, brushing machine,), Facial for different types of skin, Treating black-heads and white-heads, Application of Peels, Packs & Masks according to skin type
- Choosing correct colour of cosmetic for make-up, Use of Cosmetics in Make up, Practice in day, evening and bridal make-up. Precautions while doing makeup.
- Preparing the trolley & client and materials, Select design for the client according to hair texture and facial shapes (blunt cut, thinning, layer cut, Deep U, Slant U, Razor cut, trimming, Steps Cut), Sectioning procedure, Practice of Hair cutting on dummies and live models, Sterilizing and maintenance of equipments
- Study of scalp and hair, Skin test/patch test, Selection of colour, Preparation of trolley and client, Practices of application of hair colour, Vegetable & Chemical dyes and Hair colour (Full hair/root touch up).
- Examination of scalp condition, Preparing the trolley and client, Practice of different sectioning patterns, Selection of lotion, size of rollers & curls test, Procedure and precautions
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed Matriculation examination or equivalent
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Advance Diploma in Beauty Culture and Hair Dressing.
- Advance Diploma in Hair.
- Advance Diploma in Skin.
·Post Graduate Diploma in Skin & Hair Therapy
- Diploma in Fashion Media Makeup.
- After successfully passing, students can have jobs in resort spas, salons, beauty institutes, health clubs, cruise ships and cosmetic firms.
- They can work as sales representatives for manufacturers, distributors and retailers of aesthetic products.
Hair and Skin Care Trade Job Types
- Hair Dresser Trainer.
- Research Associate – Health.
- Customer care Executive.
- Weight Management therapist.