ITI in Mechanic Consumer Electronics
Mechanic Consumer Electronics or Mechanic Consumer Electronic Appliances is a mechanical consumer electronic vocational trade. The duration of trade is two years with four semesters of six months each. Candidates learn many topics during study hours such as installing, fixing and maintaining a variety of home and office electronic equipment. Trade is good as it gives many job opportunities both in government and private fields after its successful completion. There are many ITIs in the country offering this trade course.
- Students should have presence of mind as they have to identify various active and passive components and their applications; handle different types of electronic measuring Instruments and identify different types of faults in electronics equipments.
- Candidates should have sharp and good mind as it is needed while repairing and maintaining of electronics communication equipments and fibre optics and installation of various transducer, sensor.
- They should also have good communication skills as they have talk with different type of peoples during both the trade and after while on job.
- Trade and Orientation: Visit to the institute and workshops. Introduction with the principal and other staffs. Care and safe working habits, safety precautions to be demonstrated to the trainees. Elementary first aid practice. Identify different types of fire extinguishers. Do’s and Don’ts and standard practices to be followed in the institute.
- Hand Tools and their uses.
- Basics of AC and Electrical Cables.
- Cells & Batteries.
- Passive Components.
- AC & DC measurements.
- Soldering & De-soldering and switches.
- IC Regulators.
- Computer Hardware, OS, MS office, Networking.
- Demonstrate Colpitts oscillator, Hartley oscillator circuits; Construct and test a RC phase shift oscillator circuits.
- Wave shaping circuits.
- Power Electronic Components.
- MOSFET & IGBT.
- Opto Electronics.
- Basic SMD (2,3,4 terminal components).
- Basic Gates.
- Combinational Circuits.
- Flip Flops.
- Electronic circuit simulation software.
- Counter & shift Registers.
- Op – Amp & Timer 555 Applications.
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope.
- SMD Soldering and De-soldering.
- PCB Rework.
- Protection devices.
- Electrical control circuits.
- Electronic Cables & Connectors.
- Communication electronics.
- Microcontroller (8051).
- Sensors ,Transducers and Applications.
- Analogue IC Applications.
- Digital IC Applications.
- Fibre optic communication.
- LCD and LED TV/Projector.
- DTH System.
- Domestic Appliances.
- Home theatre.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education with Mathematics & Science or its equivalent.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Advance Diploma in Electronics.
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Electrical Equipments.
- After passing it successfully, students have good job scope in various consumer/domestic electronics appliance manufacturing industry; service industries like BSNL, MTNL, home appliances manufacturing company, railways, ISRO, naval dockyard, RCF, BPCL etc.
- They can also have jobs with manufacturers of audio and video equipments.
- They have good scopes in public sector companies like BHEL, BEML, NTPC, AIR INDIA etc. and private industries in India and abroad.
- Applicants can also work for various consumer electronics company like Videocon, Samsung, LG, ONIDA, Akai, Panasonic, Sony, IFB, Godrej, Whirlpool etc.
Mechanic Consumer Electronics Trade Job Types
- Electronic Maintenance Technician.
- AC & Refrigerator Mechanic.
- Electronic Mechanic.
- Station Attendant.
- Electric Crane Operator.
- Meter Reader & Spot Biller.
- Charge-man Mechanic.
- Assistant Lineman – Electrician/Electronics.
Private companies as Service Engineer, Shop Floor technician. Government organisation, Telephone Department, Railway Department, All India Radio, and Doordarshan.
Options for self-employment :
Can start his own firm, where he can undertake repairs of television, video and audio CD players. Can take dealership of reputed electronic firm and start trading business. Electronic maintenance in various factories.