ITI In Baker and Confectioner
Baker and Confectioner Course is a non-engineering professional course with one year duration and having two semesters of six months each. The Baker and Confectioner Trade course teaches students to respond to customer requirements, environmental constraints and commercial pressures. During the course there are many other aspects of the confectionery told to them. The course is very valuable as there are many career aspects after its successful passing both in private and government run hotels and the like other places. The duration of the course is one year with two semesters. There are many ITIs in the country offering this trade.
- Students should have good physical fitness, normal color vision, creative skills, teamwork, accuracy, steady hand and work quickly.
- They should also be hard worker as they have to work continuously in the baking process.
- They must be obedient in following their seniors’ order while working in.
- Students should also possess some common knowledge about things such as knifes and other utensils used in Baker and Confectioner.
- They should also possess good organisational skills; an awareness of safety and hygiene regulations.
- Classification-perishables, Market survey of equipment & Equipment’s Non perishables, Semi-perishable.
- Selection, storage (hygiene) use.
- Classification baking various types of biscuits.
- Basic procedure in production.
- Types of biscuits: Salted, Ice-Box, Piping, Rolling, Macaroons, Tarts.
- Classification Baking cakes.
- Basic procedure – useful tips.
- Faults in baking cakes – identification and rectification.
- Decorative, Non-decorative.
- Classification Preparing and applying various types of Icing.
- Basic Procedure.
- Tools and Equipment’s.
- Flaky and Puff Preparing various mixtures, types of pastes and mixtures.
- Items -Patties, Vol-au-vont-Khara Biscuits, Cheese straws.
- Choux -Eclairs, Cream Rolls -Profit Rolls.
- Classification Baking danion pastry breads, Bread Rolls.
- Basic Procedures.
- Variations of Bread.
- Classification Banking Danish pastry Croissant: and croissants.
- Basic Procedures-Danish; Cinnamon-Croissant.
8. Accounting Procedure
- Purchasing and sales Maintaining accounts procedure in a unit.
- Maintenance of accounts-journal, leadzer-subsidiary books-final accounts etc.
- Calculation of-selling & cost price, calculating selling price, gross profit, net profit.-gross & net profit-taxes, debit notes. preparing a simple-preparing invoices statement of account.
Eligibility & Admissions
Passed 10th class examination under 10 + 2 system of education or its equivalent.
Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Advanced Diploma in Patisserie & Confectionery Program.
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery.
- After passing this trade course, students have good option for further studies like Diploma and Bachelor courses.
- They can join jobs in Bakeries in different forms such as worker/baker.
- They can also work for a flourmill or bakery equipment company as a sales representative, test baker, developing baking products, etc.
- Self-employed and set up your own bakery business is also one of the best career options with them.
Baker and Confectioner Trade Job Types
- Executive Chef/Tutor.
- Commercial Assistant.
- Sales Assistant.
- Assist. Maintenance Planner.
- Assist. Retail Manager.