ITI in Building Maintenance
Building Maintenance is all about to repair and maintain residential buildings which mainly includes minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, drywall, refrigeration and roofing repairs, maintenance, installation, inspection and testing. This trade is very important in today’s time as everybody want to turn their houses into modern pattern after renovating it or reconstructing it. It provides students many career opportunities after clearing it successfully in various civil/construction fields along with further higher studies options.
Duration : Only 6 months with one semester
Qualification : Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent.
- Mortar & Concrete.
- Stone Masonry and Brick Masonry.
- Construct Floors of Various Types of an Area (R.C.C. Structure).
- Surface Finishing.
- Vitrified Tiled Work.
- Anti Termite Treatment in Building.
- Sanitary and Drainage Works.
- Damp Proofing etc…
- Candidates should be able to check on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures, etc.
- They should have computer knowledge as it controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- They should also have the capacity to perform routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets and water fountains.
- They should also be very hard worker as work is very heavy and continuous in nature.
- After passing the course, students can have jobs related to repair and maintain residential and commercial buildings including homes, apartments, schools, government buildings.
- Students can also go for further higher studies such as Diploma and Bachelor Degree course in related/very subjects.
- They can also start their own private construction work as worker or main person for building maintaining.
- Small Repairs Technician.
- Multi Skilled Operative.
- Mobile Maintenance Operative.
- In-store Maintenance Technician.
- Maintenance Assistant.
- Assistant Maintenance Manager.