ITI In Driver Cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle)
- They should have skills like maintaining vehicles clean and mechanically sound and carry out routine checks on the vehicles before starting off-tyre pressure, fuel levels and engine fluids etc.
- They should be able to assist people getting in and out of the car and with luggage where necessary.
- They should be hard worker as they have to repair and maintenance of vehicles-completing preventive maintenance i.e. engine tune ups, oil changes, tyre rotation and changes, replacing filters etc.
- Safety Precautions while handling Tools, equipment and Machinery Familiarisation with the name and location of different assemblies of motor vehicles.
- Preliminary checking of the vehicle before driving. Straight driving on an open ground and practice in observing different gauges and meter while driving.
- Practice in changing gear.
- Straight driving on wide road and practice in changing gear from low gear to high gear and high gear to low gear.
- Driving through lanes and curves.
- Practice in reverse driving.
- Practice in driving through sand, wet surface.
- Practice in driving steep slope and downhill.
- Practice in parking vehicle. Parallel parking and diagonal parking.
- Practice in driving over narrow bridges.
- Practice in overtaking another vehicle. Detection of minor faults while driving.
- Driving on Highway, Night driving.
- Practice on different tools and gauges used for maintenance of vehicles, general servicing of vehicle. Check Oil level in different unit. Checking thermostat valve in cooling system. Checking coolant reservoir tank. Air bleeding in diesel vehicle.
- Cleaning air cleaner and exhaust manifold, Cleaning and adjusting injectors, Silencer pipe, cooling motor. Emission testing and adjustment of air fuel ratio. Checking and setting wheel bearing play. Checking wheel jam & slipping of clutch.
- Wheel rotation and checking tyre pressure. Checking treads of tyre. Checking wheel alignment. Checking wiper. Adjustment of brake paddle play, Checking of brake fluid level Bleeding brake system Tracing electrical circuit in vehicle. Checking different components of electrical system including fuse box and locating defective component. Carrying out checks on Alternator unit, Battery and Power units. Checking the Air conditioner and heater unit.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 10th Class Examination under 10+2 System of Education.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- After passing the trade they are able to identify different vehicles and units on them; wash and clean vehicles; lubricate vehicles.
- They can drive light motor vehicles on different kinds of roads and surfaces independently and knowledge about CNG & LPG kits.
- They can also jobs in tractor agencies, car agencies, truck repair agencies and other mechanical motor agencies.
Driver cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle) Trade Job Types
- Ambulance Assistant.
- Bike Mechanic.
- Operator – Trainee.
- Diesel Mechanic.
- Maintenance Technician.