ITI Course in Old Age Care
- They should also possess the ability to accept responsibility; good communication skills; able to work as part of a team.
- Students should possess patient, flexible and understanding; supportive and caring nature; commitment to the rights of people with disabilities to live dignified lives.
- They should be able to cope with the physical demands of the job and able to perform domestic duties efficiently.
Nature of Job
- After passing trade, students can work in old-age care centres both government and private run.
- They can also go for further higher Diploma and Bachelor Degree courses so as to enhance their qualification in rank in case having job.
- They can work in Aged Care Facility (Nursing Home), Community Residential Home, Hospital or Health Care Settings and Adult Day Care Programs.
- Familiarization with old age care.
- Practice on the maintenance of Registered, Record and other documents of old age care Maintenance of daily accounting.
- Practice on Sociology. Physiology, Anatomy of Human body & Nursing.
- Practice on health & Hygiene of Human being, Elementary health –Nursing and First Aid.
- Orientation on effects of climate and environment on the human body, Simple yogic saunas for general health.
- Practice on problems relating to physical & psychological effect of old aged people.
- Demonstration problems relating to physical & psychological effect of old aged people.
- Familiarisation with Specific problems, which might occur for male & female care.
- Identification of Med claim facilities & their implementation.
- Practice on Organizing social activities. Counselling (Psychology parts).
- Practice on daily routine starting from rising in the morning to going for sleeping at night.
- Demonstration Physical exercises Like ‘yoga’ & little physical exercise for their healthy living.
- Practice on organizing the recreational activities such as, group and discussion, symposium Film show & Entertainment (education mental occupation.
- Practice on visit to old age Home & Excursion to some interesting place.
- Mode of creating peaceful atmosphere. Growing of some flower plants & some agricultural product like fruits & vegetables etc. if possible.
- Practice on organizing games & Sports appropriate to old age people. Involvement of boarders for cooking and others management activities. (Occupational therapy), Infrastructure facilities (cots, bedding, utensils, ambulance) & their maintenances.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 8th Class under 10+2 system of Education.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
One can pursue higher studies like diploma in engineering after completing the engineering trading course in ITI. Specialized short-term courses for certain trades are also offered in Advanced Training Institutes (ATIs) that hone the candidates’ skill. Many industries/ companies accept ITI graduates only as apprentices and they train the candidates for a period of 6 months to 1-2 years. However the period of training the admission of the candidates may vary from one company to the other. These candidates may be considered suitable for employment only after the training period. Renowned ITIs and ITCs have their own placement cells and candidates after the completion of their trades may be directly recruited by the companies.
ITI qualified candidates can apply for jobs in either private or public sector depending on the trades they are equipped with. Some of the trades that are much in demand are electronics welder refrigeration and air-conditioner mechanic. It is worthwhile to mention that electronics is the basis of almost every field. Therefore it has a very good scope. Electronic mechanic trade graduates can find job opportunities in IT companies and in manufacturing units of electronics equipment.
- Made up of employees and volunteers performing a wide assortment of tasks, people working in the Aged Care Sector provide a diverse range of services to the elderly, younger people with disabilities, and the families of people living assisted by Aged Care.
- Community Care offers support and services allowing people to remain in their home with care provided where needed.
- Residential Aged Care offers accredited facilities for people no longer able to reside at home and provides continuous nursing services.
- Independent Living allows personal autonomy while providing the support of a community- based facility.