ITI In Leather Goods Maker
Duration : 1 Year.
Qualification : Passed 8th class examination under 10+2 system of education or two classes below matriculation examination or its equivalent.
- Students should be able to enjoy practical and manual work; good hand-eye coordination and able to perform detailed work.
- They should also possess skills like hand-eye coordination, organisation skills, problem solving skills, strong attention to detail and time management.
- They should be known of common things like attaching buckles, eyelets and metal decorations, and decorative patterns; finishing products with stain, dye, polish or coats of lacquer.
- Familiarization with the Institute. To make the trainees familiar with the shop discipline, layout of the shop, layout of the machines, equipment, etc. installed in the shop.
- Various types of hides & skins and fancy leather skins. Their qualities and application, limitation and treatment. Oil dressed and axed leathers and their uses. Effects of water, acids, alkalis, friction and heat on leather and its substitutes. Types of finished leather. (CG, PG, Fur, Suede leather, Oil pull-up, NUBUCK, NAPPA, WAXY, etc.)
- Freehand sketching of basic designs of Leather goods. Designing and the various edge treatment, folded edge, bagged edge, gimped edge & piping etc. Curing of hides and skins. Preparation of patterns for coin purse, wallets, hand bags, portfolio, etc. Pattern making and template making for different types products. Preparation of pattern for upper and lining materials.
- Manufacturing of cut edged articles, Turn edged articles, Unstaffed articles, built up articles, molded articles. Cutting, punching, Edges and their kinds. Sewing operation. Fixing buckles, sears, their types and treatment. Varieties of stitches used in leather goods. Preparation and application of adhesive.
- Antique treatment. Embossing and finishing of leather products. Cleaning and glossing of types of leather and their methods. Marks and blemishes their character and processes for removal.
- Practice on artistic leather work, modeling, application of modeling, embossing, embossed leather goods.
- Making of various types of leather goods.
- Practice on use of various substitute materials of leather and method of application. & their uses.
- Economical adjustment of cutting leather and lining for various products.
- Quality control and inspection of leather products.
- Project Work.
- Familiarization of practical training to be followed, maintenance and handling of tools and equipment of the section.
- Safety precautions including fire fighting equipment, Accidents, First Aid practice and treatment.
- Working Practice on different hand tools used in the shop. Application of indenting process of tools from store.
- Care and maintenance of hand tools and machines and equipment.
- Practice on Leather Cutting by hand and machine. Practice of using Ornamental materials.
- Sequence of operations for manufacturing of various types of leather products.
- General maintenance of machines, equipments and tools.
- General repairs of different types of leather goods.
- Cutting out and sewing hold alls, bedding rolls, valises.
- Practice of quality and appropriate uses in the manufacture of leather goods and Various Ornamental materials used in leather goods making.
- Practice on different Electrical and hand operated Machine.
- Training on entrepreneur development so that enable the trainees to start his own small scale Industries.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 8th class examination under 10+2 system of education or two classes below matriculation examination or its equivalent.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Diploma in Leather Goods & Accessories Design.
- Diploma in Leather Goods Manufacturing.
- Diploma in Leather Technology.
- After passing trade, they are good at doing activities like fabricate products by cutting, sewing, gluing and bonding different sections of canvas and leather to make tents, awnings, rugs, etc.
- They have good scopes for further higher studies as here they get good base for it and it will enhance their overall qualification.
- They can work in shoes making factories/industries and other places manufacturing leather products.
- Instructor – Leather Goods.
- Sales Executive.
- Store keeper.
- Asst. Merchandiser.
- Saddlery Maker.