ITI In Mechanic Auto Electrical and Electronics
Mechanic Auto Electrical & Electronics is a mechanical electrical and electronics vocational trade. The duration of trade is one year with two semesters of six months each. Trade course comprises topics like how to install, repair, replace and overhaul wiring, starters, generators, distributors and other electrical equipment of motor vehicles; examine vehicle battery, checks voltage and specific gravity using special equipment such as voltmeter hydrometer, heavy discharge tester, etc. and ensures that battery is in good condition; check vehicle wiring, locates faults and rectify defects by replacing damaged wire or connect ends with insulation tape and the like others. Trade is very good from job point of view especially self-employment. There are many ITIs offering it in the country.
- Students should possess the ability to use specialist knowledge creatively and innovatively to solve problems; pragmatism and practicality to turn a concept into reality.
- They should have effective communication (both spoken and written) skills; good team-working; project and time management; a professional approach and ability to work to an ethical code of conduct.
- They should also have technical skills; communication and interpersonal skills; problem-solving and analytical proficiency skills; investigation and research techniques and teamwork skills.
- Familiarisation with institute, Job opportunities in the automobile sector, Machinery used in Trade. Types of work done by the students in the shop floor.
- Practical related to Safety and Health, Importance of maintenance and cleanliness of Workshop. Interaction with health centre and fire service station to provide demo on First aid and Fire safety, Use of fire extinguishers.
- Practice using all marking aids, like steel rule with spring calipers, dividers, scriber, punches, Chisel etc., Layout a work piece- for line, circle, arcs and circles.
- Measuring practice on Cam height, Camshaft Journal dia, crankshaft journal dia, Valve stem dia, piston diameter, and piston pin dia with outside Micrometers.
- Practice on General cleaning, checking and use of nut, bolts, & studs etc., Removal of stud/bolt from blind hole.
- Practice on Marking and Drilling clear and Blind Holes, Sharpening of Twist Drills Safety precautions to be observed while using a drilling machine.
- Practice on making Rectangular Tray. Pipe bending, Fitting nipples unions in pipes. Soldering and Brazing of Pipes.
- Practice in joining wires using soldering Iron, Construction of simple electrical circuits, Measuring of current, voltage and resistance using digital multimeter, practice continuity test for fuses, jumper wires, fusible links, circuit breakers.
- Cleaning and topping up of a lead Acid battery, Testing battery with hydrometer, Connecting battery to a charger for battery charging, Inspecting & testing a battery after charging, Measure and Diagnose the cause(s) of excessive Key-off battery drain (parasitic draw) and do corrective action.
- Identify and test power and signal connectors for continuity, Identify and test different type of Diodes, NPN & PNP Transistors for its functionality, Construct and test simple logic circuits OR, AND & NOT and Logic gates using switches.
- Practice to make straight beads and Butt, Lap & T joints Manual Metal Arc Welding.
- Practice on Liquid penetrates testing method and Magnetic particle testing method.
- Identification of different type of Vehicle. Demonstration of vehicle specification data; Identification of vehicle information Number (VIN).
- Identification of parts in a diesel engine of LMV/ HMV Practice on starting and stopping of diesel engines. Observe and report the reading of Tachometer, Odometer, temp and Fuel gauge under ideal and on load condition.
- Practice to identify components and their locations indicated on the wiring diagram. Practice to identify the power source, ground connection, and controls for electrical circuits using a wiring diagram.
- Diagnosis and remedy for-Speedometer shows no operation, fuel level meter shows no operation, coolant temp meter shows no operation, Oil pressure light shows no lighting.
- Check and replace ignition coil, overhauling Distributor Assembly. Checking ignition timing, Checking & changing a spark plug, Removing & replacing contact points Diagnosis- Possible causes and remedy for Engine cranks, but will not or hard to start, Poor fuel economy or engine performance.
- Removing starter motor from vehicle, and Performance test for pull-in test, Hold-in test, pinion (plunger) return test, No-load performance test.
- Checking a charging system for the cause of undercharge, No charge, and over charge conditions. Removing & replacing an alternator, Inspection of rotor for ground, open circuit – field coil resistance, slip ring surface, Fan, bearing.
- Identification of EDC components, sensors, Testing of sensors and actuators. Identification of various components of MPFI system.
- Identification of various sensors installed in engine & its mounting. Testing of Temperature sensor, Pressure sensor, potentiometer, magnetic induction sensor, cam shaft sensor, crankshaft position sensor.
- Inspection of power steering control module circuit. Checking & adjusting power steering fluid, Pressure testing a power steering system, Flushing a power steering system.
- Identification of Air conditioning components, Performance test on A/c unit, Checking Charged state of refrigerant, Inspecting & adjusting an engine drive belt, Replacing an engine drive belt.
- Trace the light circuit – test bulbs, align head lamps, Aiming headlights. Changing a headlight bulb, Checking of a head light switch and to replace if faulty.
- Trouble shooting and remedy for Horn No horn operation, poor sound quality, horn sounds continuously and to replace the horn if faulty. Familiarization of car radio wiring and speaker circuits Diagnose automatic seat belt systems, Diagnose air bag system and service warnings.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education with Science and Mathematics or its equivalent.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics and Electrical Equipments.
- After passing trade, they can have jobs in many industries such as electronics, IT, manufacturing, power, transport, and construction and building services.
- They have good opportunities even in telecommunications, research and development and petrochemicals.
- They can also go for higher degrees such as Diploma/Bachelor Degree courses for enhancing their position and educational qualification.
Mechanic Auto Electrical & Electronics Trade Job Types
- Project Associate Electronics.
- Staff – Electrical.
- Research Assistant.
- Spare Parts Dealer.
- Diagnostic Mechanic.
- Spare Parts Salesman.
- Auto Electrician.
- Spare Parts Sales Assistant.
- Laboratory Assistant.
- Diagnostic Mechanic.
- Car AC Mechanic.