ITI in Stenography English
Stenography (English) or Stenographer & Secretarial Assistant (English) is an administrative vocational trade. The duration of trade is one year with 2 semesters of six months each. The trade syllabus mainly comprises topics such as how to take dictation in shorthand of correspondence, reports and other matter, and operates typewriter yo transcribe dictated material perform variety of clerical duties, perform stenographic duties in professional office take dictation in foreign language, work for public stenographic service and the like. Trade is very good from career point of view as it opens many opportunities for them in various fields. There are many ITIs offering this trade throughout the country.
- Student should be able to arrange & confirm appointments, organize & external events, handle incoming mail & other material & set up & maintain filing systems.
- Applicants should possess good internal personal & communication skills as they have to speak/talk with different types during working hours.
- They should have quick mind, hard worker, good sitting capacity & good typing speed.
- They should also have skills like verbal & written communication skills, attention to details, planning & organizing, time management & customer service orientation.
- Stenography Trade Theory.
Stenography Trade Practical.
During ITI training the trainees acquire practical skills of the trades and they are capable of doing production jobs under the supervision of skilled worker. At this stage they are categorised as semi-skilled worker.
Under Apprentice Act-1961 the ITI pass-outs can be engaged in the relevant designated trade by the industry having adequate training facilities. The candidates so engaged will learn the productive / marketable skills and become suitable for employment.
After passing the NCVT examination if the candidate instead of taking job with industry he is willing to start small business he can do so with the assistance of government agencies promoting such activity and providing necessary assistance.
Eligibility & Admission
- Passed 10th Class Examination.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Secretary, Stenographer, Computer Operator, Clerk-cum-Typist in Private and Public Sector.
- Personal Assistant to Government Officers, Executives of Private Companies and Advocates.