ITI In Weaving of Woolen Fabrics
- Candidates who want to run their own private small scale weaving business also are good suit for trade as it enhances their skills.
- Students should have skills like good personality, presentation, communication skills, thinking focus and analytical abilities.
- They should be good hard worker, team player, responsibility and have maturity level, ambition and career orientation, commitment to job, integrity and loyalty.
- Familiarization with Weaving machines, their uses, safety precautions to be observed while attending the operation on each machine.
- Identification of different types of fibre and their collections.
- Identification of different types of yarn & formation of knots.
- Method of finding out defects of healed and reed.
- Different parts of pit loom and frame loom. Practice on the looms.
- Different parts of pit loom and frame loom, practice on the looms.
- Familiarization with different parts of slay and their uses.
- Familiarization with different types of shuffles. Part and uses.
- Preparation of bobbin and cones and methods of warping, beaming, drafting, denting and gaiting up of looms
- Practice on sizing by hands.
- Different parts of primary motion and secondary motion of the looms and practice.
- Preparation of different designs for woolen fabrics.
- Finding out defects in fabrics and under landing remedial measures.
- Familiarization with warp reed, yarn assorting balance, yarn and cloth quadrants.
- Familiarizations with single yarn tester and practice.
- Analysis of woollen fabrics.
- Finishing and dyeing of woolen fabrics.
- Project work.
- Understanding the basic design like plan weave thrill & satin will their draft and pagplan (Lifting plan).
- Understanding simple design and preparation of different design on graph papers.
- Calculation regarding woolen yarns.
- Calculation and conversion of different yarns.
- Familiarizations with finishing methods.
- Familiarization with different parts of power loom.
- Familiarization with special features of power loom and tuning of loom for woolen fabrics.
- Familiarization with different parts of weft fork motion seven wheel take up motion.
- Familiarization with different types of bobbies and preparation of dobby chain.
- Familiarization with the jacquard and its working.
- Preparation of jacquard design on graph papers and harness mounting and card cutting.
- Preparation of design on graph papers using sating weaves.
- Preparation of design on graph papers using different weaves such as broken cork screw and combine twill. Production and effy calculation of machine. Familiarization of shut ills loom and different types of weft insertion system.
- Familiarization with the analysis of woolen fabrics.
- Practice on finishing of woollen fabrics.
- Practice on finishing of woollen cloth.
- Familiarization with hand milling and calendaring.
Eligibility & Admissions
Students should be passed in 8th class examination from a recognised school board in the country.
- Students can apply for government jobs as well which are published by respective department time to time in Gazette/Employment News in the country.
- After passing trade, they can go for further higher studies like Diploma/Bachelor Degree course as it improves their ranks and educational qualification.
- Trade is good and beneficial in case they have family weaving either small scale or big scale.
Weaving of Woollen Fabrics Trade Job Types
- Woven Designer.
- Textile Consultant.
- Yarn Dyeing In-charge.
- Assist. Weaving Supervisor.
- Part Time Instructor.