Paramedical in Medical Lab Technician
Medical Lab Technician Syllabus:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Personality Development
- Skills in Language Communication.
- Clinical Pathology.
- Hematology & Blood Banking.
- Microbiology & Immunology.
- Orientation to Medicine.
- Laboratory Management.
- Computer Training
Eligibility & Admission:
S.S.C./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E.( Minimum 50% marks)
|Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)||25||1 year||10+2 (Science/ Commerce/ Arts)||15,700(Per Sem.)|
|Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology (CMLT)||15||1 year||10+2 (Science), B.Sc.||17,000(Per Sem.)|
Approx. Rs.12,000/- per year
The students can enroll for B.Sc.in Clinical Laboratory Science. from SNDT Women’s University and B.Sc. in Microbiology, Life-Sciences or Chemistry from IGNOU.
- Medical Technologists in Pathology section in Hospitals , Private Pathology Laboratories and Blood Banks.
- Quality Control Personnel in Diagnostic Companies.
- Sales Personnel for Diagnostic Instruments and Equipment’s.
- Research Assistants in Clinical Research Organization.
- Self Employment
A certified medical laboratory technician may find a challenging career in public and private sector hospital, minor emergency centers, laboratory, blood donor centers. The demand for laboratory technicians is on the up-swing. With adequate knowledge and experience, Medical Laboratory Technologists can advance to supervisory or management positions in laboratories and hospitals. A Laboratory Technologists can also run private pathology laboratories. Teaching in medical colleges and institution is also a very good option.