Government Polytechnic, Holenarsipura is a premier technical institute started in the year 2008-09. The foundation stone of the present building was laid & also opened by former Prime Minister Sri. H D Deve Gowda. The college is situated on the wonderful greenish campus of about 10.5 acres of land in the outskirts of the city of Holenarsipura and is about 3 km from bus stand and railway station. This polytechnic is an associate institution of Director of Technical Education [DTE].
Government Polytechnic, Holenarasipura has sprayed dress code for individual branches. This is compulsory for practical classes.
Government Polytechnic, Holenarasipura is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
Acharya Patashala Polytechnic, Bangalore
Aim and Objectives:
- To conduct in-service training for the teaching, workshop and non-teaching staff and also students of the polytechnic for meeting the needs of technological advancement, changes in curriculum and career advancement.
- To identify the employment potential areas and to conduct competency-based skill development programs.
The continuing education sub-center shall generate revenue by conducting continuing education courses, testing and consultancy services and providing services as maintenance and repair of equipment etc. This policy aims at the proper use of the generated revenue for the overall development of the institution.
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
The motto of NSS: “NOT ME NOT YOU, BUT WE”. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service.
The main objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the problem-solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop a capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
The Directorate of Technical Education introduced this scheme in all Polytechnics in the year 1998. In Govt. CPC Polytechnic, the first NSS unit having 100 student volunteers was established in the year 1999. An additional unit of 100 student volunteers was introduced in the following year.
In each academic year, many service-oriented programmes are organized by the NSS unit of our Institution under the guidelines of NSS cell, DTE, Bangalore. The programmes include:
- Maintenance of roads
- Literacy classes
- Water conservation
- Plastic eradication
- Eye donation
- Tree plantation
- Blood donation
- Campus cleaning
These programmes aim to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to the society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. NSS also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims
- Women’s Security Committee
Committee on Women’s Security, Welfare and Grievance Redressal
The prevalence of women in the public domain is increasing at a notable pace. Women in all spheres are increasingly feeling that they need a body which can hear and redress their grievances from sexual harassment to gender discrimination. In this direction, the Government of Karnataka and Directorate of Technical Education issued orders to set up a committee named Women’s Security, Welfare & Grievance Redressal in all the engineering colleges and polytechnics, to proactively take up women’s issues to ensure safe, and secure women-friendly atmosphere in their workplace and in the institutions.
The mandate of Women’s Security, Welfare and Grievance Redressal committee
- To take proactive steps to prevent occurring of sexual harassment in the institution.
- To receive and act upon any complaint of sexual harassment by any category of male staff, students or outsiders.
- To address complaints of gender discrimination.
- To counsel women staff distressed with acute problems including family, relationship problems etc., taking professional help if need be, from psychologists /psycho-analysts / psychiatrists / professional counselors, so that they can regain their confidence to handle life courageously and become assets rather than a liability to the society.
- To ensure women-friendly work environment and atmosphere in the institution
- Providing adequate space like women’s restroom, exclusive toilets etc., to handle women-specific issues.
- To inquire about complaints against female staff by male staff, and take corrective action.
The mandate of Procter System
- To act as friend, guide and philosopher to the girl students.
- To receive and act upon complaints of eve teasing, harassment of any kind, by boy students or male staff.
- To receive and act upon complaints of eve teasing, harassment of any men not belonging to the institution, in the institution premises or elsewhere.
- To guide, counsel and help girl students to overcome perplexity, distress or mental trauma related to academics or their personal life.
- Teaching Facilities
The learning and teaching facilities in the college are excellent. Well-equipped classrooms, workshops, computer labs, library and learning centers ensure that our students study in a pleasant environment with up to date equipment and software.
The infrastructure also includes a state of art computer laboratory with servers and internet facilities, workstations have welding and smithy equipments that provide hands on experience to our engineering students. Apart from this, each department has its own discipline based laboratories for study and research.
The college provides hostel facilities for girls.
A cricket field and volleyball court exists in the campus, apart from a host of other facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
College has excellent library facility with more than 1300 text books and DVDs catering the needs of all the students.
In-house training & placement activities are provided by industry experts.
Holenarsipura – 573211
Contact no.: 08175-272717
Email : Principal.firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://dte.karnataka.gov.in/Institutes/gptholenarasipura/HOME
Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th
Submit your review