Government CPC Polytechnic, Mysore was popularly known as CPC Polytechnic is a premier technical institute of Karnataka state situated in the garden city of Mysore. It was established in the year 1954 under the erstwhile Mysore State Government. The sprawling land of 5.09 acres and spacious building of nearly 2,15,267 sq.ft was donated by Sri C. Perumal Chettiar, a philanthropist, to the then Government of Mysore.
Government CPC Polytechnic is an AICTE approved institution run by Government of Karnataka and coming under the purview of Directorate of Technical Education. The institute is rendering yeomen services to the citizens of Mysore and surrounding areas by offering three years diploma program in various engineering and non-engineering courses. The training is rendered by well qualified dedicated staff with supportive infrastructure.
Government CPC Polytechnic, Mysore is currently being offered in the following departments.
Diploma in Automobile Engineering
|Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Diploma in Machine Tool Technology|
|Diploma in Commercial Practice (English)|
|Diploma in Commercial Practice (Kannada)|
Government CPC Polytechnic, Mysore
Government CPC Polytechnic is located in the heart of Mysore city in a sprawling land of 5.09 acres having a spacious building of nearly 2,15,267 Sq.ft. The key infrastructural facilities of the polytechnic include :
- Spacious classrooms and drawing halls
- Well equipped laboratories in each branch to impart practical training of latest technology
- Computer labs with internet facility
- Comprehensive library having more than 20000 volumes
- Boys’ hostel having the capacity to accommodate 150 inmates located close to the Institute
- Canteen for students and staff
- Seminar hall built and donated by Alumni Association
- Separate vehicle parking place for staff and students
- Facility for indoor and outdoor sports
- Open auditorium
- Quarters for staff situated close to the Institute
The library of Govt. CPC Polytechnic is a knowledge center with a vision to serve information needs of its students and faculty. It has a good collection of more than 20000 volumes covering all branches of Science and Engineering. The library is equipped with textbooks, reference books, encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, data books etc. In addition, the library has subscribed to 8 newspapers and 10 magazines to meet the general requirements of its users. The library also has seating arrangements for its users to read books and prepare notes.
Students are provided with two library cards for borrowing books. Books are issued to the students on presentation of library cards for a period of 14 days. An overdue charge of 50 paise per day per book is levied from the due date till the book is returned to the library. If the books are lost, then the borrower should replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double the cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
SC/ST students are provided with the facility to borrow additional two books from the SC/ST book bank and use them throughout the semester.
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Motto of NCC: Unity and Discipline
National Cadet Corps, is a premier youth organization, functioning under the Indian Armed Forces. It is channelizing the youth energy in constructive work of our nation and moulding the character of the students at the crucial adolescent period.
NCC company army wing of our institution was established in the year 1965. In the beginning, the wing was functioning under 1 KAR Engineering Battalion and was consisting of 50 cadets. Later, in the year 1970, the wing was shifted to 15 KAR Battalion. It was the first wing formed under 15 KAR Battalion.
In the year 1986, the NCC wing of our Institution was shifted to 14 KAR Battalion NCC under Mysore group and the cadets’ strength was enhanced from 50 to 150 (of which 30% are women).
Over the past 48 years, more than 3000 cadets of our institution have undergone NCC training and about 6 cadets have represented Karnataka in the INDIAN REPUBLIC DAY PARADE at Delhi.
Today we find students of our institution with NCC background occupying the position of responsibility in the various walks of life and discharging their duties with better efficiency. This itself is a great tribute to the excellent work being done by the NCC wing of our Polytechnic.
In the year 2012-13, ninety-two cadets of NCC wing of our institution had appeared for ‘C’ certificate examination. All the cadets have qualified and eight of them have passed with ALPHA grade.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
Motto: “NOT ME NOT YOU, BUT WE”. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service.
The main objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
The Directorate of Technical Education introduced this scheme in all Polytechnics in the year 1998. In Govt. CPC Polytechnic, the first NSS unit having 100 student volunteers was established in the year 1999. An additional unit of 100 student volunteers was introduced in the following year.
In each academic year, many service oriented programmes are organized by the NSS unit of our Institution under the guidelines of NSS cell, DTE, Bangalore. The programmes include:
- Maintenance of roads
- Literacy classes
- Water conservation
- Plastic eradication
- Eye donation
- Tree plantation
- Blood donation
- Campus cleaning
These programmes aim to inculcate social welfare in students and provide service to the society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. NSS also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
Youth Red Cross
“Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its parent organization, Indian Red Cross Society. It is a group activity organized within the college for students aged between 18 and 25 years. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the programme officer. Under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to carry out the activities of the Red Cross Society.
The Youth Red Cross Wing of Govt. CPC Polytechnic was established during the year 2012-13 with an objective of creating social responsibilities among the youth and encouraging them to involve voluntarily in the activities of INDIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY.
Activities of Youth Red Cross Wing of Govt. CPC Polytechnic:
- Promotion of health and hygiene
- Service to others
- National Integration
- World friendliness
- Relief work during emergencies like flood, fire and other natural calamities
- Literacy campaign
- Avoidance of drugs-Say no use of drugs
- AIDS awareness
- Communal harmony-Conflict resolution
- Community services
- Blood donation
- Health check camps
Activities conducted during the year 2012-13:
1) Eye Testing Camp.
2) Blood Donation Camp.
3) Guest Lectures on Health Issues
ISTE Student Chapter
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE/DST/MIT/State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programs relating to technical education.
The major objectives of the ISTE are:
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
- To enhance professional ideals & standards.
- To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
- To bring about the effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
- To award honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.
ISTE Students Chapter at Govt. CPC Polytechnic was established in the academic year 1996-97 to encourage the students to actively participate in ISTE activities and to enhance their technical knowledge in building their career.
ISTE Student Chapter Activities
- Organizing students symposiums and seminars
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry, R&D organizations, defence services, government departments and other institutions.
- Coaching program for writing competitive examinations and attending job interview.
- Supervisory and communication skill development
- Training for self-employment
- Guidance on job opportunities in India and abroad
- Arranging training in industries and visits to industry
- Awareness on social, cultural and ethical values and norms
- Special Coaching and General counseling services
Activities conducted during the year 2012-13:
- A Technical talk on Energy Conservation & Management
- A Technical talk on Modern Software Testing methodologies & Tools
- Students’ feedback activity on Staff and Organization.
Center for Continuing Technical Education in Karnataka (CCTEK) functions as an autonomous governing body and contributes to the technical education programs in the field of computers, information technology and other areas. The Minister of Higher Education is the Chairman and the Secretary of Higher Education is the Vice Chairman of CCTEK. Officers of Technical Education Department and representatives from industry and technological university are the other members of the governing body. The target group who are benefited from the CCTEK programmes are community people, physically handicapped, socially backward, women, etc.
CCTEK-Sub Centre at Govt. CPC Polytechnic, Mysore
The sub-center of CCTEK at Govt. CPC Polytechnic was established in the year 2001 to meet the continuing and non-formal educational needs of local industry, business and community at large. It is located within the Polytechnic premises and is managed by a full-time CCTEK Manager with the assistance of supporting staff. The revenue generated from programmes of CCTEK is used for the overall development of the institution.
Courses Offered By CCTEK- Sub Center at Govt. CPC Polytechnic, Mysore
Computer Training Programs
- Computer Applications / Management
- Hardware and Networking
- C, C++, C#, .net
- Basic and Advanced Java & JSP
- Tally and PeachTree
- AC and Refrigeration
- Electric wiring and Electronics
- Diesel Mechanic and Automobile Servicing
- Process Piping Engineering
- Plant Design Management System
- Rewinding of Motors
- Welding (Arc, Wing, Tig)
- Light Motor Vehicle Driving Training
- Two wheeler Driving Training
- English Speaking Course
- Staff Development Program
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme
- Consultancy Services
- Reprographic facilities
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme
- Coordination for Competitive Learning Courses and Examinations
Production cum Training Center
Production cum Training Centre of Govt. CPC Polytechnic was established in the year 1980 with the special direct assistance from the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare (at present known as Ministry of Human Resource and development), Government of India. The main aim of this center is to manufacture certain products and to provide training to the staff and students using the available facilities of the Institution so that they are exposed to the practices in the field and industry. The Institution can also earn revenue through the sale of products manufactured in the Centre.
The Production cum Training Center of Govt. CPC Polytechnic has facilities to manufacture the following products:
- Office furniture like tables, ordinary chairs, tubular chairs, S-type chairs, steel almirah, glass almirah, racks and drawing tables.
- Household furniture like dining table, chairs and dressing table.
- Industrial furniture like work tables, workbenches and other furniture with unique specifications.
- Household transformers of low voltages, electric stoves for domestic use, electric heating appliances, buzzers, bell transformers, etc.
Achievements of Production cum Training Centre:
The Centre has been running successfully since its inception and has the reputation of supplying quality products to different organizations, educational institutions, domestic consumers, etc. It has the distinction of supplying high-quality furniture to most of the Government Colleges throughout Karnataka.
The Government CPC Polytechnic Hostel for boys was established in the year 1966 with an objective to provide accommodation for the students coming from far off places. The Hostel is located very close to the Polytechnic on Bangalore-Nilgiri road and has the following facilities:
- Thirty-five well-furnished rooms having the capacity to accommodate three students per room
- Reading room
- Recreation room
- Dining hall
- Solar water heater
- Sufficient number of bathrooms and toilets
- Facility for indoor and outdoor games
The hostel is managed by a warden who is a full-time lecturer of the Polytechnic. Every month two students from senior class are selected on a rotation basis to work as perfect and to assist in hostel management. The fee structure for the hostel is as per government norms and conditions. The monthly expenditure for mess facilities is calculated on a dividing system and is borne by the inmates of the hostel. At present, there are 135 students staying in the hostel.
Government CPC Polytechnic, Mysore
Govt. CPC Polytechnic is one of the most sought-after institutions as it possesses many meritorious factors in imparting quality technical education to the students. One of them is the initiative taken by the Placement Cell of CPC Polytechnic in getting students placed through campus recruitments. As it is located in the major industrial hub of Karnataka, the students of CPC Polytechnic have more career options than those of other Polytechnics. The Placement Cell takes an active role in contacting the companies and inviting them for campus recruitment mainly for the students of CPC Polytechnic. Sometimes it also extends the facility to the students of nearby Polytechnics through pool campus placements.
The placement activities during the year 2012-13 are as below:
- On 12/10/2012, an Apprenticeship Fair was organized in our Institution. The Diploma and Bachelor degree holders from the Engineering and Polytechnic colleges of Mysore, Chamarajanagar, Mandya and Kodagu districts participated and availed the benefits. The fair was sponsored by Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOAT), Southern region, Chennai. The officers of the Directorate of Technical Education also took part in the fair.
- On 7/2/2013, Gabriel India ltd., Hosur, Tamilnadu visited our Institution for conducting campus placement. Twenty-six students belonging to Mechanical, Automobile and Electrical Engineering course got placed.
- L&T (Embedded system), Mysore visited our Institution on 2/2/2013. Fifteen students of Electrical & Electronics Engineering were recruited.
- On 25/03/2013, Theorem India Ltd Company Mysore conducted campus recruitment and selected five students of Computer Science and Commercial Practice.
- L&T Construction Company, Chennai arrived on 30/03/2013 and selected students of Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
- TAFE Company ltd., Doddaballapur conducted campus placement on 15/04/2013 and gave placement opportunity to all eligible students who participated.
- Students of our institution also attended pool campus in JSS Polytechnic, Mysore. 15 students of Diploma in Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering got placed.
- Students were sent to Star Soft Company Ltd. Mysore for internship. Two students of Diploma in Electronics and Communication were recruited by the company.
Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th
Submit your review