Government Polytechnic, Bantwal is a government institute headed by the Department of Technical Education, Karnataka and supported by principal & all the staff who will impart technical teaching to all the eligible candidates in the fields of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science Engineering.
The teaching will be by qualified and dedicated lecturers, instructional support staff and aided by well-equipped laboratories, workshops and resource center. It identifies requirements for the local community and accordingly arranges training program in the institute and expose them to industrial training and facilitate the better interaction between institution and industry. It arranges sports, cultural activities, student welfare activities, staff and student amenities, NSS environmental awareness and also provide counselling regarding self-employment opportunities.
It gives opportunities to develop innovative skills among the students by taking up the project work, preparing models etc. Bantwal is a government polytechnic, which provides quality training to eligible students and prepares them well to suit the needs of the industry, services, self-employment, innovative and successful as a good citizen. The training would be in a conducive environment of safety and caretaking and by a set of qualified, dedicated staff who are keen on self-development and responsive to change. It also provides opportunities, leadership in continuing education in the field of technical education by the way of a continuing education and non-formal education cell.
We are committed to accomplishing the following:
- To strengthen our skills with industry and community through testing consultancy and training.
- To provide a platform for transfer of technology, support services, technical services by community polytechnic schemes.
- To provide technical education that produces technicians who are versatile, innovative, entrepreneurial, globally competitive and imbued with high ethical standards and social responsibility.
- To initiate and participate in community activities that will serve as avenues for applying knowledge in engineering for the benefit of the community.
- To establish mutual assistance with the government, industry and other institutions in the areas of engineering education, research and extension services.
- To undertake revenue-generating activities to achieve self-sustainability by conducting program through CCTEK.
Government Polytechnic, Bantwal is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering|
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
Government Polytechnic, Bantwal
Our institute was started on 23rd July 2007 with four main branches such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. Each department has well-trained teachers and has good infrastructure support to the students with well equipped lab equipments. The faculties closely monitor the progress of the students and provides extra coaching whenever required. Each faculty member is assigned a group of students for close progress monitoring. Special classes and tutorial classes are very frequently conducted to refresh and reorient the minds of the students in the subject. Students are allowed to perform mini projects with the assistance of project coordinators in their free time. Students are made to bring out their talents by participating in extracurricular, co-curricular activities.
Computer Science Lab
Computer Science department has 2 spacious computer labs with more than 50 computers of latest hardware specification and software. the lab is maintaining, the Linux Server, an Internet Proxy Servers with the aid of a good number of latest peripheral devices like Laser Printer and Dot Matrix Printers and Scanners. All these equipments are maintained by the well qualified & experienced instructors. The laboratory also satisfies the requirement of Visual Basic and Database programming. In total, this Laboratory is a complete in the facility to the students to acquire the practical knowledge equivalent to the present technology The students are trained with c programming, network security, c++, Hardware, testing, linux lab etc.
Electronics & Communication Lab
In order to meet the present technological requirement in Electronics & Communications, DTE has provided the state of the art equipments, software emulators in the presently existing Digital lab, Electronics Circuit lab, Integrated circuits lab, Advanced Communication, VHDL lab, Microcontroller lab and Project lab for the final year students. These labs not only support the lab curriculum but also be used to perform basic experimental research in digital and analog electronics circuits. Well equipped Electronics lab with state of the art machines supported by the most advanced software such as Turbo C, Multisim, Xilinx-7, MAT-7.0.4 and Keil µ-version can be conducted in this lab.
The college has an exhaustive library with more than 1,000 volumes. The library has several books in various fields of engineering & technology, science and sports. Provision for reading inside the library is provided for the students.
- The library will be kept open on all working days from 8.30am to 5.30pm and on Saturday from 8.30am to 2pm.
- Personal books and article should not be taken into the library. They should be kept in the rack provided.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library.
- Books will be lend to the students after making necessary entries in the issue register.
- The number of books taken by the student at a time from the library is limited to two.
- On receiving the books, the student must satisfy himself/herself that the books are in good condition. If not he/she must immediately bring it to the notice of the librarian. Otherwise, he/she will be responsible for the defects and damages found in the books at the time of returning.
- The students are strictly forbidden to make notes or any markings in the book.
- No students shall depute another to take a book on his/her behalf.
The institute offers excellent opportunities for sports and games. There is a spacious ground used for athletics and games. Sports room is available for playing table tennis and Facilities are available for indoor games. Facilities are available for playing table tennis and badminton. Polytechnic participates in the state level inter polytechnic sports meet and has excelled consistently.
Hostel Facility (BCM Hostel) Hostel Co-ordinator: Mr. Bharath J, Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering. Please Contact +91-8197111974 for more details.
Training and Placement Cell is an integral part of our Institute. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards preparing the prospective students for the campus selection programmes. The cell is sensitized to function all through the year towards generating placement and training opportunities for the Students. The Cell is headed by a training and placement officer and TP coordinator.
- Placement Coordinators
- Placement Cell at Government Polytechnic, Bantwal will take care of
- The Training and Placement activities of Students.
- To have close liaison with Industry for Placement of Students.
- Organizing lectures from the professionals from Industry.
- To collect feedback from the Companies coming for placement.
- Arrange Training programmes for soft skills and interview facing skills for the students using
- institutional and external expertise.
- To organize the entrepreneurship workshops.
- Personality Development Programme
Objectives of the programme are
- To Bridge the gap that currently exists between the Industry and fresh professionals for recruitment purposes.
- To minimize Stage fear.
- To build confidence among students.
- To make students know the Importance of Training and Placements.
- Make them prepared for further training session and placements.
- Basic English
- Self Development skills.
- Presentation skills – Technical and non-technical.
- Group Discussion.
- Personal Interview.
Name of the companies visiting our campus:
- ITC, Bangalore.
- Winman Mangalore.
- M.C.F. Mangalore.
- L & T Bangalore.
- BHEL, Bangalore for Apprentice Course.
- Mando Brake System, Chennai.
- MRPL Mangalore Selection to Chemical Section.
- Toeguter India, Bangalore.
- Jindal Steel Works, Bellary.
- Bajaj Popular & Nandi Toyota, Bangalore.
- HCL Hyderabad.
- Maytas Infra Ltd. Hyderabad.
- ESSAR Groups Hizara, Gujarat.
- Aravind Motors, Mangalore.
- ACC Cement, Bombay.
Bantwal Main Road, Near Mahalingeshwara Temple,
Dakshina Kannada District,
Contact no.: 08255 230660
Mobile no.: 9742023708
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.gptbantwal.org/
Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th
Submit your review