Government Polytechnic, Koppal is one of the pioneer institutes of the state and was established in the year 1996, located beside the highway NH-63 in outskirts of the Koppal city. The institution is rendering its services to the co-education stakeholders of Koppal and surrounding places by imparting need-based, value based quality education.
The main objective of this college is to provide technical education at diploma level, thus preparing technicians of a level comparable to the best in the country keeping in view the need of the industry. Students apart from being prepared for industrial jobs are also trained for self-employment. They are made self-sufficient and enterprising so as to be able to understand profitable ventures. Above all, a sense of discipline is inculcated in the students making them useful & responsible citizens. Extra-curricular activities are given a special emphasis in the institution for an all-round development of the students. The students are encouraged to participate in sports and other competitions.
Government Polytechnic, Koppal is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering|
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering|
Government Polytechnic, Koppal
CCTEK Manager: K Venkatesh Murthy
CCTEK, Koppal sub center provides short-term training to faculties, unemployed youths sponsored by industrial organizations nearby Koppal. Through the CCTEK we provide internal books and record books for students and furniture for the lab.
Activities conducted under CCTEK
- Four one week STTP programs for faculties of polytechnics.
- Six months training program for Hindustan Co-Cola sponsored unemployed unskilled candidates in electrical wiring and fitter trade.
- Four months training programs for India Steels Ltd. sponsored unemployed unskilled candidates on fitter, electrical wiring and motor rewinding trade.
Community Development through Polytechnics
Community scheme is running under Human resources Development Ministry, Government of India, New Delhi, since 1996. The sole purpose of this scheme is to provide free of cost technical & professional education to rural mass by approaching their doors and to guide them for employment in the industrial area and self-employment. Apart from this, this scheme also provides technical education, help, services and community services to weaker section, backward classes and minority classes, which cannot obtain such training programmes or not aware of technology to help them for self-employment or employment.
Internal Coordinator: Shri. Vishwanathgouda G K
CDTP Scheme Sanctioned by MHRD conducting following activities.
- Skill Development Training Program
Main Center Courses:
- Tailoring and Fashion Designing
- Repair of Electrical home appliances
- Basic Computer Skills
- Mobile Servicing
- Candle and Chalk Making
|Sl.No||Name of the Sub Center||Courses Conducted|
|01||Bhagyanagar||Tailoring & Fashion Designing|
Candle & Chalk Making
|02||Kolur||Tailoring & Fashion Designing|
|03||Halavarthi||Tailoring & Fashion Designing|
|04||Chikkasindogi||Tailoring & Fashion Designing|
|05||Bahaddurbandi||Tailoring & Fashion Designing|
Candle & Chalk Making
Electrical House Wiring
Transfer of Technology Program:
- Low-cost water filter
- Smokeless Chulha
- Demonstration of Solar Appliances in association with Karnataka Renewable Energy Development Ltd., Gulbarga through Mobile Van of the department.
- Demonstration of Gobar Gas Plant.
Technical and Support Services:
- Free Technical Camps conducted at extension centers and villages.
- Repair of electrical home appliances
- Repair of mobiles
- Electrical Wiring Systems repair
- Agricultural equipment repair and services.
Dissemination of Information:
- Awareness about Pulse polio and women’s health.
- Awareness about Fire safety in association with Fire Dept.
- Veterinary free health checkup camp
- Free health checkup camp
- Awareness about solar energy through KREDL, Gulbarga
- Awareness about population control
- Awareness about environmental pollution.
- Awareness Video Show Programme for AIDS, TB & its control.
NSS Officer: Ramesha T
National Service Scheme (NSS) is a voluntary association of students from all disciplines, primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service.
The main objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the problem-solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
In each academic year, many service-oriented programmes are organized by the NSS unit of our institution under the guidelines of NSS cell, DTE, Bangalore. The programmes include:
- Campus cleaning
- Maintenance of roads
- Literacy classes
- Water conservation
- Plastic eradication
- Tree plantation
- Blood donation
These programmes aim to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to the society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. NSS also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
Following activities are done.
- Adopted Village – Kolur
- Internal Lawn system of Govt. Polytechnic, Koppal
- Adopted Village – Yetnatti
- Campus Cleaning, usage of Solar energy through KREDIL, Gulbarga
- Adopted Village – Vadaganahal
- Dental and Eye Camp, Veterinary camp, cleaning the premises of Government Institutes Plantation.
- Adopted Village – Mangalapura
- Dental and Eye Camp, Veterinary camp, cleaning the premises of Government institutes
- Adopted Village – Dadegal
- Veterinary camp, cleaning the premises of Government institutes, fire safety awareness.
- Adopted Village – Yetnatti
- Solar power awareness, Dental and Eye Camp, awareness on government schemes, cashless awareness programme.
- Adopted Village – Kolur
- Voting awareness, Dental Checkup, fire safety awareness, Swacch Bharath Abhiyan
- Library and Information Centre:
Librarian: Smt. Basavannevva Bhajantri
We have a full-fledged college library comprising of more than 6,800 books related to general and technical education for our students. Students are provided 2 library cards to borrow books. Students belonging to SC, ST category get the benefit of borrowing additional books. In addition to technical and non-technical books, a good number of magazines and journals are also available. Provision for reading inside the library is provided for the students to sit comfortably and study.
- Lab Facilities:
1) Electronics & Communications Lab
2) Computer Science Lab
3) Mechanical Lab
Placement Officer: Paramesh Kumar
The college is having an active placement cell which conducts placement trainings for final year students of all the departments. A number of organizations have conducted campus interview at our polytechnic and diploma students of nearby polytechnics are invited for campus interviews and we allow our final year students to attend pool campus interviews in nearby polytechnics.
The following companies have visited our polytechnic for campus interviews and short-term training programs.
- BHEL, Bangalore
- Toyota Kirloskar, Bangalore
- John Deere, Pune
- Bajaj Motors, Pune
- L&T Komatsu Ltd., Bangalore
- BEL, Bangalore
- Tata Autocomp Systems Ltd., Pune
- Tractors & Farm Equipments Ltd., Bangalore
- Anand Group of Companies, Pune
- Xindia Steels Ltd., Koppal
- JSW, Bellary
- Hospet Steels Ltd.
- Scania, Bangalore
- Kirloskar Ferrous Ltd., Koppal
- BMM ISPAT Pvt. Ltd., Hospet
- Power Grid Corporation of India, Koppal
- TVS Motors Pvt. Ltd., Mysore
- Riiit, Mysore
- Divagivarnar, Sirsi
- Bhagyodaya Group, Hospet
- MSPL, Koppal
Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th
Submit your review