This is a college in group of aided polytechnic which is running from past 6 decades that to in the heart of the city with lot ways to reach the campus.
We teach the young budding youth to lead there future in a well discipline and respected manner in the world and make them ready to face the industrial standards.
Our expert panel of educators are in the line to guide you in the way of reaching the destination of your dreams.
MEI (Evening) Polytechnic, Bangalore is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
MEI (Evening) Polytechnic, Bangalore
- Women in Development
Women in development(WID) was evolved during the year 1993 through the Canada-India Institutional Co–op Project(CIICP).
The scope of the activity is to create awareness and self confidence, identify the strength and weakness & progress to develop the self.
Every year under WID quite a number of activities are organized for the girl students & women staff of MEI Polytechnic.
Services are also offered to the other institutions.
- Personality Development Programmes
Personality development programs are conducted for the benefit of the students. These programs include lectures, discussions and interactive session. These programs helps the students in facing interviews, developing communication skills, increasing self confidence and to achieve success in their future endeavours.
- Continuing Engineering Education Program
Our polytechnic having EDUSAT facilitates at auditorium. During 2016-17 the following programs were delivered to the students through video and audio mode (Live/ Recorded telecast) from expert resource persons drawn from various polytechnics of the Karnataka organized by Department of Technical Education.
Subject target group
- Applied Science – 1st year
- Mathematics – 1st year
- Fluid mechanics – 2nd year Mechanical
- BEEE – 1st year Electrical
- Electrical Machines – 2nd year Electrical
- Strength of materials – 2nd year Civil/Mechanical
- Mathematics- 2nd year
- Arm Controllers – 2nd year Electronics
- Hydraulics – 2nd year Civil
- Electrical Machines- 2nd year Electrical
- Software Engg – 2nd year computer science
- Personality Development – Final year
- Community Development Through Polytechnics
Programmes related to Technical Support Services / Awareness Programme / Dissemination of Technology.
- Under Technical Support Services Ground Water Quality Testing & Analysis of drinking water in 10 villages of Manne Gram Panchayat and 10 villages of Doddabelavangala Gram Panchayat and 25 villages of Anekal taluk was conducted during the month of September 2015.
- Under Technical Support Services Ground Water Quality Testing & Analysis of drinking water in 10 villages of Manne Gram Panchayat and 10 villages of Doddabelavangala Gram Panchayat and 25 villages of Anekal Taluk was conducted during the month of September 2016.
- Under Technical Support Services Soil Quality Testing in Agricultural Fields was conducted among various villages of Manne & Doddabelavangala and villages of Bangalore Rural and Urban District during July 2016.
- Awareness programme on Rain Water Harvesting was organized at main center of MEI Polytechnic on 28-09-2016.
- Personality Development Programme was conducted for 2nd PUC students of Kudur Pre-University college on 14-02-2017.
- Personality Development Programme and Awareness programme on Solid Waste Management was conducted for degree college students of Kudur First Grade college on 14-02-2017.
- Centre for Continuing Technical Education
CCTEK conducts various short term certified professional courses for polytechnic,
engineering college staff and students, under the guidance of Directorate of Technical Education.
The courses are held by highly qualified and experienced faculty. Each participant is provided with ample training and excellent course material.
The National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization Comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth ‘The Leaders of Tomorrow’ into disciplined and responsible citizens.
NCC of MEI
Polytechnic is attached to 1 Karnataka Signal Regiment NCC and has total Strength of 80 cadets which includes 20 girl cadets. All the activities of NCC will start at the beginning of every academic year in the month of July. Totally 20 parades will be conducted on Saturdays & general holidays for the enrolled cadets, not disturbing the academics of students. During the parade time various activities like drill, weapon training, map reading and theory classes on military subjects will be conducted to the students.
During the year 2016-2017, apart from the regular parades, the following activities were conducted in the college for the cadets.
- 6 cadets attended Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC) for 10 days in Doddaballapur.
- 8 SD and 3 SW cadets attended Combined Annual Training Camp (CATC) for 10 days in Channapatna.
- 1 cadet attended All India Trekking Camp(AP-TREKK) for 12 days in Tirupathi.
- 1 cadet attended All India Trekking Camp for 12 days in Belgaum.
- Cadets also participated in “Swachh Bharath Abhiyan” in college organized by NCC.
- 3 Cadets attended National Integration Camp (NIC) for 16 days in Silchar, Assam
- 8 cadets attended PRE-RD/CATC camp for 10 days in Jalahalli East Air force Camp, conducted by 1 Karnataka Signal Regiment NCC.
- Independence day and Republic day was celebrated.
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country and Directorate of Technical Education etc . From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
In our Polytechnic a strength of 100 volunteers are regularly involved in various NSS activities.
Each student of our Polytechnic is a member of “Youth Red Cross unit” involving various activities for the good cause of society.
The following activities were conducted under NSS/YRC :
|Name of the Activity||Month|
|Sadbhavana Diwas rally from Anand Rao circle to Gandhi Bhavan|
|Painting of Mechanical block grills|
|Swachh Bharath||2nd to 8th October 2016|
|Rashtriya Yuva Saptaha|
|Swami Vivekananda Jayanti|
|“Solu-Geluvu” – Vyaktitva Vikasana Meditation-3 days|
|Visit to CDTP Centre, Kudur by NSS-PO|
|Life Skill Training Workshop at NIMHANS for NSS officers|
|Flag Post painting & Campus Cleaning|
|Republic Day-2017 celebration|
|“Clean-Green Bangalore City” at Lalbagh|
|NSS Special Camp – 2017||17th to 23rd March|
|Blood Donation Camp – 2017||21/03/2017|
|Campus Cleaning||22/03/2017 & 23/03/2017|
|Visit to orphanage centre||19/03/2011|
- Do It Yourself
- Instructional Enhancement Program
- Industry Attachment Program
MEI Polytechnic is a premier institute located in the centre of the garden city of Bangalore. The institute has made well name by its contribution to the service of the nation by building worthy engineers. MEI polytechnic made reputation among the corporates and industries.
The placement assistance committee helps the students to get the jobs by organizing the number of campus interviews. Some of the reputed companies where our students are placed during 2016-17 are JSW Steel ltd., ACC, L&T, TD Power System, BHEL, Volvo, Toyoto, Samsung, Bosch, Xorail, Accenture, Atkins, & HCL Info systems.
Consolidated Placement Report For The Year 2016-17
|Branch||Total No of Students||No of Students||Joined for Higher education||No of Students||Working in industries||Total Percentage|
|Civil Engg||50||27||54%||04||08%||54+08 = 62%|
|Electrical and Electronic Engg||51||26||51%||12||24%||51+24 = 75%|
|Mechanical Engg||58||22||38%||11||19%||38+19 = 57%|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||68||25||37%||14||21%||37+21 = 58%|
|Computer Science Engg||51||30||59%||10||20%||59+20 = 79%|
|Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engg.||23||11||48%||05||22%||48+22 = 70%|
|Total||301||141||47%||56||19%||47+19 = 66%|
|*Total number organization/industries contacted for placement as on 15-09-2016 is 88|
Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th