Diploma in Architecture Assistantship
Diploma in Architecture Assistantship is mother of all Arts and a playground for all scientific applications. A good grooming in architecture paves way for an all-knowing-practical-personality.
Architecture assistantship” gives a knowledge of all aspects of architecture profession, building sceneries and construction”
Nature of Job
- Diploma in Architecture Assistantship holders are supposed to prepare working drawings of buildings and should have basic knowledge of the important materials like; stones, bricks, lime, cement, paints, timber, exterior and interior finishes, glass, plastics, building hardware, roofing materials, additives and admixtures, adhesives etc.
- To know, design and execute building interiors.
- To prepare working drawings of various fittings and fixtures and water supply and sanitary installations.
- To prepare the municipal drawings to get them sanctioned from the local development body.
- To prepare architectural models.
- To create, manipulate and manage 2D drawings for interior projects with the help of Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
- To prepare structural drawings, working drawings and detailed drawings of various components of buildings with the help of graphic representation.
- Theory of Design.
- Sketching, Lettering and Printing.
- Building Construction.
- Architectural Graphic Presentation.
- Workshop Practice for Architecture.
- History of Architecture.
- Architectural Building Materials.
- Architectural Design.
- Theory of Structure.
- Structural Design.
- Interior Design.
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting.
- Building services.
- Building Bye Laws.
- Working Drawing.
- Computer Graphics.
- Estimating and Specification writing.
- Site Planning & Landscaping.
Eligibility & Admission
10+ with Science Subjects or 10th Pass.
- Degree through A.I.I.A.
- Degree through A.M.I.E.
- Certain Universities admit diploma students in to 2nd year degree course after entrance.
exams like J.N. Technological University, Hyderabad and some other Universities.
- Government Architect’s offices of different state and universities.
- Teaching jobs.
- Some percentage of students may find employment in state housing boards, urban development authorities.
- Diploma in Architecture Assistantship holders mainly assist the architect who is a degree holder in making drawings and supervising the building under construction.
- In some states local self Govt. does give them license to approve plans of buildings.
- Self employment scope is very much there.
- Large percentage of diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship find employment with private architects and also majority of them go for self-employment.
- In Government engineering offices like P.W.D., Public Health, Irrigation, Town Planning Corporation offices etc. as Draughtsman.