Diploma In EC (Electronics and Communication)
From past few years Electronics field has made unprecedented growth in terms of new technologies all over the world to fulfill the need of industries and society. In our daily life, we come across many Electronics equipment’s or gadgets. In this age of scientific revolution, Computers, Mobile Phone, Laptops, Communication equipment’s and other gadgets like Television, CD player etc are our basic requirements. The advancements in these areas have enriched our life in a great way. To cope with currently changing technological environment, it is mandatory to learn right from basics to diversified areas of electronics. Highly skilled and scientifically oriented manpower, students, faculty & industrial staff need proper training in the recent technologies to improve productivity of organization.
This Diploma in EC will contribute in developing competent technicians who will perform their jobs in Industry or as an entrepreneur effectively and efficiently. In Industry or in small business establishments, the technicians (Diploma holder) with necessary skills would be able to plan, erect, commission, use and maintain the equipments and also supervise tasks. This programme will develop competencies required to construct, troubleshoot, repair & maintain various Electronic equipments and appliances.
- excellent maths, science, technology and IT skills.
- the ability to analyse complex problems and assess solutions.
- strong decision-making skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- the ability to prioritise and plan work effectively.
- budget management skills.
- excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- A clear understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.
Nature of Job
Electronic engineers have been involved in the invention, design, construction and operation of electronic systems and devices.There are several divisions and departments where electronic engineers work. They work in the many segments of the communication industry, automobile industry or in robotics. Electronic engineers work on electrical circuits in endless applications. As specialists they may work with computing systems, industrial equipments, aerospace equipments or biomedical devices. The jobs in these sectors are in research, design and development, manufacturing, servicing, sales, marketing and teaching.
- 1st Sem
- Applied Science, Applied Mathematics, Basic Ele Engg & Ele Compts, Basic Computer Skills, Basic Ele Engg & Elec Comp Lab, Applied Science Lab.
- 2nd Sem
- English Communication, Applied Mathematics-II, Semi Conductor Devices, Digital Electronics- I, Semi Cond. Devices Lab, Digital Electronics Lab-I, C-Programming Lab.
- 3rd Sem
- Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics-II, Analog Communication, Analog Electronics-Lab, Digital Electronics Lab-II, PCB Simulation Lab, Soft Skills
- 4th Sem
- Microcontrollers & Application, Digital Communication, Electronic Instrumentation & Measurement, Microcontrollers Lab, Communication Lab, PC Hardware Lab.
- 5th Sem
- Power Electronics & PLC, Advance Communication, Medical Electronics, Video Engineering Lab, Power Electronics & PLC Lab, VLSI Lab, ISAP Lab.
- 6th Sem
- Organizational Behaviour & Environmental Engineering, Data Communication & Network, Advance Microprocessor, Data Communication Lab, Advance Microprocessor Lab, VLSI Design Lab
Eligibility & Admission
- A pass in Class X or its equivalent examination with 35% in each of the subjects with Science and Mathematics.
- student must have studied English as one of the subjects in Class X.
- Non-Karnataka students should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Karnataka students who have passed class X in ICSE or CBSE should obtain Eligibility Certificate issued by the Department of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka.
Total Fees-70,000 (Tuition Fee 40,000+ Laptop + Dress +Book 30,000).
Some of its specialized fields are
- Signal Processing.
- Digital System Design.
- Optical Communications.
- Wireless Communications.
- Radio-Television Systems.
Electronics and Communication Engineering opens up great career prospects for the students. The students after completion of the degree can easily avail job opportunities in manufacturing industries and service organizations such as broadcasting, consulting, data communication, entertainment, research and development; and system support. The candidates can also work in modern multimedia service firms that are involved in real-time transfer of information through video conferencing and internet broadcasting.
The opportunities are galore for electronics and communication engineers as they are employed in variety of sectors such as Indian Telephone Industries, Civil Aviation, Development Centers in various States, Defense, NPL, A.I.R, Posts and Telegraph Department, Railways, Bharat Electronics Limited, D.R.D.O, Telecommunication, Software Engineering/IT, Power sector, Hardware Manufacturing, Home Appliance and VLSI design, Television Industry and Research & Development.
Some job titles
- Service Engineer.
- Software Analyst.
- Technical Director.
- Field Test Engineer.
- Senior Sales Manager.
- Network Planning Engineer.
- Customer Support Engineer.
- Electronics and Communications Consultant.
- Research & Development Software Engineer.
The remuneration offered to a candidate after electronics and communication engineering varies from sector to sector such as government organizations such as VHEL, BSNL, ONGC and PSU that employs candidates as a junior telecom officer/technical engineer/survey and maintenance engineer offer salary between Rs. 10000 – Rs. 32000 every month.
In the private sector, the package offered for electronics and communication engineers is Rs. 3, 50,000 – Rs. 4, 00,000 lakhs per annum. The high caliber graduates with specialization in mobile computing and VLSI Design are offered higher packages more than 4, 00,000 lakhs per annum. So, electronics and communication engineering is a very lucrative career
Graduates of this diploma will be able to become successful, innovative and enterprising professionals with access to many attractive and exciting career opportunities in a variety of positions in various fields involving electronics engineering technology, including communication systems and many other high-growth industry sectors. Graduates may pursue career opportunities as electronics engineering technologist, electronics engineering assistant, engineering sales/service representative, computer systems technologist, industrial systems technologist, technical consultant, telecommunications technician, communication systems installer, field service representative, engineering technician or research technician. Among the types of work environments that may use the services of graduates with the skills addressed in this program are: data and telecommunications service providers, TV and satellite services organizations, entertainment industries, transportation companies, communications facilities, product development departments, research and development groups, quality engineering departments, field service offices and maintenance departments.
The service of electronic technicians is required in companies like ISRO, DRDO, BEL, INTEL, IBM, AMD, SONY, SAMSUNG, PHILIPS, NASA, National Electronics, and National Semiconductors.
Diploma in Electronics also provides much choice of subjects for higher studies like Electronics, Instrumentation, Telecommunication, Medical Electronics, Mechatronics and Computer Science.