Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineering deals with study and application of electrical systems for use in these different environments.It equips you with the knowledge of transmission and generation of electrical power, electrical circuit design, electronics, instrumentation, control system, understanding electrical and electronic networks etc.,
You should have good logical and mental capability coupled with strong analytical skill and attention to detail. They should be able to grasp and adapt to new and changing concepts.
Nature of Job
The scope of work for electrical engineers are
- design and develop electrical systems.
- research new and innovative designs and system.
- supervise and plan manufacturing process of high end electrical systems.
The research, design and development of various electrical systems involves:-
- electric motors.
- machinery controls.
- signal processors.
- propagation systems.
- power generation & transmission.
- power plants.
- microwave and microprocessors.
- electromagnetic devices.
- computer and consumer electronics.
- communication system etc.,
In short electrical engineering has a wide scope of applicability and it varies depending upon different industrial needs.
Topics covered in your curriculum?
Important topics in your curriculum are listed below –
- Electrical machines and design.
- Electrical network and communication systems.
- Power and control systems.
Eligibility & Admission
Eligibility for a Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a pass in standard X and standard XII (with science & maths) for a degree respectively.
Listed below are specialisations and related fields available for an electrical engineering student to pursue after graduation/diploma.
- power engineering.
- control engineering.
- electronics engineering.
- signal processing.
- telecommunications engineering.
- instrumentation engineering.
- computer engineering.
Electrical systems and equipment forms the basic requirement for all types of industries and forms the core of every new technology.Globalisation has now created huge demand for technically qualified engineers to keep pace with growing industrial needs.
An Electrical Engineer is thus and would always be in demand, since electrical system is the basic requirement for all types of industries. Listed below are few Industries where an electrical engineer can find employment in
- Electrical equipment and systems manufacturing companies (industrial and consumer).
- Power generation and transmission.
- IT industry.
- Health care equipment manufacturing industry.
- Other public sector industries like petroleum, steel and chemical industry.
- Research and design.
- Bajaj International Private Ltd.
- Centre for Electronics Design and Technology.
- Crompton Greaves Limited (CGL).
- Dev Denso Power Ltd.
- Everest Blowers.
- Horizon Association.
- Indo Pumps.
- Meerut Microsystems.
- Miraj Instrumentation Services.
- Polycom Associates.
- Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) Ltd.
- Siemens Ltd.
- Vikrant International.
- Wipro Lighting.