Diploma In Interior Decoration
To do interior Decoration effectively, you need to have a thorough understanding of the elements of style and design, so that you can successfully deconstruct and reconstruct any style effectively, making changes and adaptations to reflect the individual preferences of your client.
Nature of Job
On successful completion of this course you will be able to provide clients with design solutions that are as practical as they are visually pleasing, and you will have sufficient skills and knowledge to implement your changes successfully.
The curriculum details are also listed below for your convenience. Essentially, there are 20 lessons in this course, which are grouped together under the following collection of modules:
- Style & design.
- Surface finishes.
- Curtains & soft furnishings.
- Professional presentation.
- Final project.
Eligibility & Admission
The earliest you can start for a career in interior designing is 10+2. However, it is essential to have excellent drawing and designing skills to get into this job profile. Furthermore, if you have knowledge of decorative items, home improvement products and basics of architecture, then it becomes easier to follow this particular career path.
You can get into this profession at different levels of your academic life be it a 10+2 or a post-graduate program. However, most of the students generally opt for short and long term diploma courses. All these courses can cost you around Rs 15,000 to Rs 50,000 roughly.
On successful completion of Diploma In Interior Decoration you may work freelance (self-employed), by offering consultancy services directly to individual clients, or you may investigate other opportunities for employment including the following…
- Designing show-homes for builders & property developers.
- Working with kitchen and bathroom manufacturers to help clients plan their space effectively.
- Larger interior design and architectural practices may also hire you to work alongside more senior personnel.
- Advising clientele & providing shopping services in specialised furniture and
with your qualification, one of the best tools you can have to help you impress potential clients and/or employers is a strong portfolio, which is what you will have on completion of this course.
There is an imbalance between the demand and supply of professionals in this field. The demand for experienced interior designers is on a high in spite of the recent global economic slowdown that hit almost all sectors of the world economy.
The increasing construction activity in urban areas and small towns has only added to the demand for these professionals. The demand for interior designers has surpassed the supply.
Market for interior designing in India is all set to absorb new and aspiring talent. Due to the rising significance of interior design, this profession has become one of the best ever emergent fields in India.
Job opportunities are immense in both private and public sector for a qualified interior designer. Large architectural firms, building contractors, hotels and resorts are constantly on a look out for eligible professionals in this field.
- Work with top notch architects and architectural firms.
- Work with renowned builder.
- Town and city planning bureaus.
- Design studios and exhibition organisers.
- Event management companies.
- Innumerable public and private sector establishments.
- Hospitals and other medial facilities.
- Hotels and health resorts.