Diploma In Modern Office Practice
Apart from good communication skills, the students should have good letter writing, précise writing; procedure of preparing memorandum of understanding, tax regulations, effective documentation, updated computer packages and their applications and such functions.
Nature of Job
- To use different management techniques such as planning, organising, staffing, directing and control for taking effective decisions for performing office duties.
- To do typing work on a manual/electronic typewriter for the preparation of letters, bills, invoices, forms, notices reports, statements and almost every kind of written communication.
- To do effective correspondence for controlling the office and to provide help to chief executive.
- To deal with financial transactions of the institute/industry/company.
- Development of competencies in communication (written & oral).
- To use Desktop Publishing (DTP), printing, presentation software, Ms-office , mailing software on computer for providing better office services in the changing modern office scenario.
Main Subjects :Three Year Diploma Curricula
- Business Correspondence.
- Office Methods and Practices.
- Computer Applications.
- Typing (English).
- Principles of Management.
- Stenography (English).
- Book Keeping and Accountancy.
- Personality and Human Relations Development.
- Handling of Office Machines & Equipments.
- Business Organization & Law.
- Elective (Typing Hindi or Punjabi or Electronic).
- Entrepreneurship & Business Environment.
The students of diploma in Modern Office Practice will be required to undergo on-the-job training for a period of six months during the final VI Semester in an office, which will be arranged by the institutions. The work-sites where on-the-job training may be organised are:
- Government Department Offices.
- Business/Commercial Organisations.
- Industrial Establishments.
- Educational Institutions.
- Railways, Airlines and other Transport Undertakings.
- Banking and Insurance Organisations.
- Job-work Centres.
Eligibility & Admission
10+2 or Intermediate Examination or the First year of three years degree course or three year degree Examination.
Students can opt for graduation & post graduation in Art or Commerce.
- Personal secretary/Personal assistant to the executive and office executive in the organisation.
- Office executives / Supervisors.
- Documentation executive /Supervisor in public and private sector enterprises.
- Vocational teachers in ITI/ Polytechnics/schools.
Of late there has been a steady demand of qualified office managers, secretaries, customer care representatives in MNC, public sector companies, hotels etc. Your workplace could be a public or private sector enterprise, corporation, service sector establishment such as a bank, financial institution, logistic units/firms or a travel agency.