ITI Course in Steward
- Students should have enthusiasm for the steward role, communication skills like written, verbal & ideally IT & Internet & reliability.
- They should be able to build quality relationships both within & outside the craft, the ability to influence others & the ability to motivate & inspire others.
- They should be approachable, empathetic & sensitive to the feeling of others, innovative & open to change & responsive to feedback.
- To make acquaintance with Restaurant/ Pantry/Still Room/ Bar equipments.
- Hygienic handling of cutlery, crockery, glassware-and Trays. Laying & Relaying of table cloth during and before meals.
- Correct use of waiters Cloth, runner, napkins & napkin folding. Change of Ash, tray.
- Handling, upkeep a polishing of Silver, Cattery, glassware and Crockery. Arrangement & Preparations of Sideboard of Service Table. Misc-en-scene & Mise-en-place for various types of meals and menu.
- Correct handling & practices of service spoon & service Fork.
- Styles of Services placing plates & dishes, Silver & Pre plated service method & techniques.
- Serving & clearing of a meal. Familiarization with French names of vegetables, Fruits, cutleries, rockeries, glassware & Miscellaneous items.
- Tabled’ hote menu, Laying of cover & service for lunch & dinner.
- Awareness about general timings of cooking a dish for Alfa carte orders.
- Practice Of service communication skills, customer relation ,management, Social ethics, grooming & hygienic hobbits.
- a) Rules to be observed while waiting at the table. b) Sequence of services.
- Receiving Et seating the guest, presenting menus cards & taking order from guest & writing of K.O.T.
- Passing the order to the Kitchen of Pick-up. Service of Tea & Coffee.
- Cover Lay out for different types of Breakfast & their service (Restaurant/Room Service).
- Making & Presentation of Bills. Organizing Parties & functions, Buffets & Banquets.
- a) Indian & Chinese food service procedure and service methods. b) booking special occasion/function, and organizing it.
- Service & accompaniments of Special dishes, smoked salmon, caviar asparagus grape fruit, artichoke, melon, Cheese fresh fruits.
- Pantry & still room operations.
- Wine Service-Taking the order, presenting -the bottle opening of cork a service of Red, Ooze, While a Sparkling wines.
- Service of Bar.
- Service of spirits & Liquors.
- Laying & Service of Banquets.
- Service of cigars & Cigarettes.