Diploma In Secretarial Practice
The term ‘Secretarial Practice’ has been used to include knowledge, skills, procedure and methods of work to be performed by a Private Secretary or Office Assistant.
Persons with Secretarial Skills find employment in all types of offices e.g., govt., public or private, different types of agencies etc. located in big and small cities. The application of modern technology advancements has brought a revolution and greater effectiveness in day to day working of the offices. Due to this, procedures have become more streamlined and office work has become more interesting and challenging.
Apart from good communication skills, the students should have a good letter writing, précis writing; procedure of preparing memorandum of understanding, tax regulations, effective documentation, updated computer packages and their applications and such functions.
If one is organising the boss’s routine work, one should be aware of schedules, time tables, travel agencies and associated tariffs related to the nature of work.
Typewriting 40 wpm or 30 wpm
- Shorthand – 80 wpm.
- Basic English & Communication Skills.
- Business Correspondence.
- Office Management & Secretarial Practice.
- Personality Development including Beauty tips & General Knowledge.
- Computer Applications: – (a) Office Automation Tools:- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Efficient use of Internet & E-mail.
- Special Features: – Practical Knowledge of telephone, intercom, photocopier, fax machine, E.P.B.X.
- Interpersonal skills, responsibilities, qualification, role, duties, relationships with staff & executives of A Good And Efficient Secretary.
- Preparation of Interviews, Mock interviews & group discussion.
Eligibility & Admission:
10+2 / Graduates and above.
Post Graduate Diploma in Secretarial Practice.
- Open a STD/ISD Photocopies centre.
- Offer secretarial work on contract basis to organisations.
- Work as Private secretary/Personal Assistant.
- Instructor in small Public/Pvt. sector.
- Secretary / Stenographer.
- Computer Operator.
- Front Office Manager (Receptionist).
- Administrative Officer.
- Multi National Companies.
- Private Offices.
- Institutes, Colleges and Schools.
- Social Organisation.