ITI In Craftsman Food Production (Vegetarian)
- Students should have the ability to work under pressure; high standards of cleanliness and hygiene and the ability to do several tasks at once.
- They should have a keen interest in food and cooking; strong communication and leadership skills.
- They should possess creativity and imagination for food presentation; the ability to work as part of a team and good organisation skills.
- They are also required to have is to practice his or her cooking techniques on a continual basis as great cooking comes with many years of practice.
- LPG Stove/Cooking range, Operation of oven set the temperature requirement, Electric Toaster Mixer/Grinder Care and Cleaning or Mixer Grinder, Food Processor and Water Purifiers etc. care and maintenance.
- a) Personal hygienic Et Care of Skin, Hand, Feet; Food handlers hygienic protective clothing, b) Working area hygiene:- its importance, c) Fire Hazards and first aid contents.
- Layout of the Kitchen, name different sections of Kitchen, Kitchen organization- Duties & responsibilities of each staff working in a kitchen.
- Classification of raw materials, preparation of ingredients, method of mixing foods, effect of heat on various foods, weighing and measures texture of food.
- Culinary terms & also learn the French word for basic food items.
- Practice on different Types of Flavouring and Seasoning used in Western and Indian Cookery.
- Demonstration on ingredients movements in mixing.
- Method of cooking with special application of meat, fish, vegetable, Cheese, Pulses Et egg. Conventional Ft non- Conventional Method of cooking, solar cooking, microwave cooking, fast Vegetable.
- Preparation of preserves.
- Preparation of Snacks, Pickles/Preserve, Chutneys, Sauces, Raita etc.
- Preparation of Farinaceous Products (Spaghetti & Macroni).
- Preparation of Simple Horsdoevr.
- Special Dishes for Lunch/Dinner/Special Functions.
- Preparation of Six Indian Sweets. Rasgulla Burfee, Balu Shahi, Halwas, Gulab Jamun, jalebi, Gujhias, Phirnee.
- Preparation of various kinds of Vegetable and Beverages.
- Preparation of Various kinds baked products.
- Preparation of Various kinds as cakes, patties, pizza etc.
- Preparation of different kinds of north Indian food.
- Preparation of different kinds of south Indian food.
- Preparation of different kinds of Rajasthani and Gujrati foods.
- Preparation of various kinds of vegetables, Eggs and mixes Vegetables.
- Preparation of different kinds of Italian Foods.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 10th Class exam under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under Craftsmen Training Scheme.
- Diploma in Food Production.
- Diploma in Food Production & Culinary Arts.
- Diploma in Food Production, Bakery & Confectionery.
- Students have so many job scopes in kitchens of 5 star and deluxe hotels; fight catering, cruise liners, restaurants, banquets, food courts, railways, hospitals and multinational hospitality companies.
- They have also good job opportunities in foreign countries such as Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, America, Middle East, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.
- They can also go for further higher Diploma and Bachelor Degree courses for enhancing their overall qualifications.
- Apart from above everything, self-employment through entrepreneurship is also good option for them.
Craftsmen Food Production (Vegetarian) Trade Job Types
- Skilled Knife Operative.
- Cleaning Operative.
- Team Operative – Production.
- Sandwich Maker.
- Food Safety Associate.
- Kitchen Team Member.