ITI in Desktop Publishing Operator
Duration : 1 Year with 2 semesters.
Eligibility : Passed 10th Class Examination from a recognised school board.
There will be a theory and practical classes in both the semesters. Subjects to be studied like
- Operating Systems: MS Windows & Internet.
- Adobe Pagemaker: Basic concept, Tutorial, Creating a publication.
- Operating Systems: MS Windows, Networking Concept.
- Printing Process, Document Set Up, Conceptualization of Document, Desk Top Publishing, Typography.
- Coreldraw: Introduction, Drawing and Shaping.
- Printer & Publishing.
- Digital Printing: Types of digital Printing.
- File and Print Management: Printing & Binding.
- They should have habit of paying attention to detail; be able to work independently as well as in a team; be able to follow a design brief closely and accurately.
- They should be able to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines; be flexible and able to adapt quickly to new creative briefs.
- Students should also possess a mind like enjoy doing artistic work; be interested in keeping up to date with new computer software and technology.
- Students should have common computer skills and knowledge; be creative, with an eye for good design; and be able to prioritise a varied workload.
- After passing the trade, they have jobs in any print and book publishing houses or self employment.
- They can also go for further higher studies like Diploma and Bachelor Degree courses.
- They can also find employment in advertising agencies and print media houses.
- They can also become teachers/instructors in training Institutes.
- DTP Operator.
- Graphic Designer.
- Graphic Artist.
- Design Executives.
- Re-toucher – Photo Studio.
- Quality Executive.
- Pre-press Professional.