Paramedical in Ophthalmic Technology
Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology is a 2 year course designed to train the students on various aspects of ophthalmic problems, their cure and their proper solution. They are provided with practical and theoretical knowledge and end term result is based on the performance of the candidate in both the practical and theory equally.
- Anatomy & Physiology.
- Ocular Anatomy.
- Ocular Physiology.
- Mathematics & Statics.
- Personality Development.
- Clinical Practices.
- Computer Applications.
- Contact Lens.
- Ocular Pharmacology.
- Ocular Pathology / Ocular Microbiology.
- Clinical Ophthalmology.
- Skills in Language Communication.
- Research & Survey.
Eligibility & Admission:
A candidate is considered eligible for diploma in ophthalmic technology if he/she has got a 10+2 degree. Preference is given to those candidates who have biology in their course. The admission is based on merit and done after the candidates pass an entrance exam held by the institute.
S.S.C./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E. ( Minimum 50% marks)
Approx. Rs.12,000/- per year.
Post Diploma Fellowship in Contact Lens , Low Vision, Orthoptic & Pediatric Optometry.
Admission to the Second year of Degree Course in Bachelor in Optometry.
There are good paid jobs for a diploma holder in ophthalmic technology in place where they manufacture spectacles, glasses for spectacles, and other important ophthalmic aids. There are renowned companies as well as scope of self employment. The income is fairly good.
- Technical Assistants to Ophthalmologists.
- Optometrist (for refraction work and prescription of contact lenses) in hospitals and optical outlets.
- Community Health work related to Eye Care.
- Technical Assistants in Managing Eye Banks.
- Self Employment (Opening an Optical Showroom).
- Job in Corporate Sector ( Optical ).