Government Polytechnic, K R Pete is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering||
|Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering||
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering||
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”FACILITIES” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]Government Polytechnic, K R Pete
- Smart campus
- Spacious classroom
- Teaching-learning aids
- Well equipped laboratories with all assistance
- Computer laboratory in network
- Internet facility to the staff member and students for knowledge acquisition from globally networked knowledge bases.
- Students are provided with hostel accommodation
- Encouragement for academic activities to the faculty members by deputing them into training
- Student encouragements in project activities by supporting them technically and with the laboratory
- Students counseling to solve day to day difficulties in their studies and other problems.
- Orientation programmes arranged for the benefit of the students.
- Office room for quick and successful disposal of work.
- Transparency in the education system
- Edusat facilities for upgrading knowledge
- Spoken-Tutorial classes
The primary aim of the library is to support the curriculum needs of the student, teaching staff & supporting staff of the institution through the development of all kind of pertinent collections. The provision of services designed to meet the user information and learning needs such as Book Bank Service, Lending Service, and Periodical service. Library follows the open access system, encouraging the user to use resources freely in the knowledge center.
1. Lending Service
2. Book Bank Service
3. Question Bank service.
“The cell works throughout the year towards generating placement opportunities to the student”.
Training and placement is an integral part of our institute. The placement cell is strongly supported by Principal, HOD’s of all the department and the staff coordinator.
Our placement cell is full pledged with a full-time placement officer assisted by a team of student placement coordinators and volunteers. For placement, we have contracted a large number of companies and we have made successful effort to invite the companies to our campus and to conduct recruitment activities.
The aim of placement cell is to ensure placement for all the branches irrespective of their percentage. Every effort has been taken to create opportunities for our student to place in companies. We are committed to all possible support to grow, prosper, and flourish and to achieve their goals. Everyone at Placement Department has taken huge initiative and visited many companies in Mysuru and Bengaluru and even we are successful in protecting and promoting our institute.
Government Polytechnic, K R Pete, the hostel for boys was established in the year 1970, with an objective to provide accommodation for the students coming from far off places. The hostel is located very close to the Polytechnic and has the following facilities:
- 25 well-furnished rooms having the capacity to accommodate 3 students per room
- Reading room
- Recreation room
- Dining hall
- Solar water heater
- Sufficient number of bathrooms and toilets
- Facility for indoor and outdoor games
The hostel is managed by a warden who is a full-time lecturer of the Polytechnic. Every month two students from senior class are selected on a rotation basis to work as perfect and to assist in hostel management. The fee structure for the hostel is as per government norms and conditions. The monthly expenditure for mess facilities is calculated on a dividing system and is borne by the inmates of the hostel. At present, there are 100 students staying in the hostel.
Govt. Polytechnic, K R Pete is serving as a Training Centre under Community Development Through Polytechnic with the coordination of Department of Technical education and MHRD, Govt of India. Under this scheme besides the running of non- formal training courses of three to six months duration for rural youth for gainful employment, technology is also transferred through extension centers and technical services are provided to the rural community.
Objectives of the scheme of CDTP:
- To carry out Need Assessment Surveys to assess the technology and training needs.
- To impart Skill Development Training to the intended target groups.
- To disseminate Appropriate Technologies for productivity enhancement
- To provide Technical and Support Services to rural masses and slums dwellers.
- To create awareness among the target groups about technical advancement
- Contemporary issues of importance.
Activities of CDTP in our Polytechnic
- Need Assessment Surveys
- Skill Development Training
- Dissemination of Appropriate Technologies
- Technical and Support Services
- Awareness Programs
In the training programmes, the trainees have imparted training in the fields of IT, Domestic Wiring & Motor Winding, Farm Machinery Repair & Maintenance, Welding, Plumbing, Cutting & Tailoring, Garments making, Mobile Servicing, Beautician and Hairdressing etc.
Center for Continuing Technical Education in Karnataka(CCTEK) is established in the year 1999. CCTEK contributes to the technical education programs in the field of computers and Information technology.
CCTEK at Government Polytechnic, K R Pete is focusing towards self-sustainable courses like electrical wiring, fashion designing etc. to promote human empowerment. It is located inside the Polytechnic and headed by CCTEK Manager.
The main goal of CCTEK cell is to provide skill-based knowledge to the citizens of K R Pete and surrounding areas.
The Motto of NSS is “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration to other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is well reflected in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society on the whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
Directorate Of Technical Education has sanctioned one unit of national service scheme to our college under the support from Government of Karnataka. Now we have a unit of NSS under the technical cell with a strength of 100 volunteers. The NSS unit of our college places an active role in shaping our students human and responsible citizens. The overall aim of NSS is the Personality Development of students through community service. We are conducting special camping programme of ten days duration in adopted places and it provides unique opportunities to the students for group living, collective experience sharing, sharing responsibilities, addressing various developmental issues of regional and national importance and constant interaction with the community.
- Road reconstruction
- Yoga class
- Class on self-confidence
- Cultural Fest
- Class on personality development
- Blood group identification camp
- Class for school students
- Class on energy conservation
- Training on paper carry bag preparation
- Visit to Orphanage organization
- Indoor games
With a firm belief that physical fitness leads to mental fitness, the college encourages various sports and games. Sports facilities are provided to the students for both indoor and outdoor games. Various inter-college sports tournaments are conducted by the DTE at “Sports Meet”. The students also take part in various inter college and varsity sports meet.
The Sports Council comprises of sports secretary and the captains of the college teams which organizes an Annual Sports and Athletics meet as part of the curricular activity.
The prevalence of women in the public domain is increasing at a notable place. Women in all spheres are increasingly feeling that they need a body which can hear and redress their grievances from sexual harassment to gender discrimination. In this direction, the Government of Karnataka and Directorate of Technical Education issued orders to set up a Committee named Women’s Security, Welfare & Grievance Redressal in all the Engineering Colleges and polytechnics, to proactively take up women’s issues to ensure safe and secure women-friendly atmosphere in their workplace and in the institutions.
WOMEN’S GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
In view of the increasing number of girl students in the campus, Women Grievance Redressal Cell makes every effort to ensure that the girls feel at home. The cell resolves common problems of girl students and also takes up individual cases of sexual harassment if any. Ragging in the hostels is totally disallowed, and any adventure in this respect is punishable.
1. The Cell will deal with the cases/complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the college.
2. The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable actions thereon in the manner and mode as per the college norms.
3. At least 50% of the members of the Cell may be women.
4. At least one of the members of the Cell may be a person with a legal background.
5. The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/Colleges/Institute for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
6. The Cell may form/review the guidelines/policy for redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and
If you are being harassed, this is what you can do:
- Don’t feel a sense of shame. Tell the harasser very clearly that you find his behavior offensive.
- Don’t ignore the harassment in the hope that it will stop on its own. Come forward and complain.
- Talk to somebody you trust about the harassment. It will not only give you strength but also help others in similar situations to come forward and complain.
- Keep a record of all incidents of sexual harassment in a notebook. If you feel the need to register a formal complaint later, this record will be helpful.
Alumni Association is a unit of GPT KR Pete, established in 2005 [ Reg No.294/2004-05 dated 12/01/05]. The main objective of this association is to provide communication between the ex-students, ex – staffs with the present students. Helping the present students in their studies and extracurricular activities et..[/vc_cta][vc_btn title=”GALLERY” color=”danger”][vc_images_carousel images=”3041,3042″ img_size=”600×300″ onclick=”link_no” speed=”2000″ autoplay=”yes” wrap=”yes”][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”MAP” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]
Krishnarajapete, Mandya District,
Contact no.: 08230-262228
Principal : 9845577299.
Website: http://www.dte.karnataka.gov.in/insitutes/gptkrpet[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][su_carousel source=”category: 4″ limit=”28″ link=”post”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]