The institution is AICTE approved Government institution and comes under the confluence of Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka.
The institution has well furnished and equipped labs with very elegant infrastructure. It offers three-year diploma programs in four technical courses with well qualified & dedicated staff.[/vc_cta][vc_btn title=”COURSES” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]Government Polytechnic, Arakere is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering||
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering||
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”FACILITIES” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]Government Polytechnic, Arakere
- Well qualified and experienced lecturers
- Spacious classrooms
- Well modernized laboratories
- Separate hostel facilities for boys & girls
- In-house training & placement activities
- Library services with magazines & e-journals on latest technologies
- Sports & cultural activities
Center for Continuing Technical Education in Karnataka (CCTEK) functions as an autonomous governing body and contributes to the technical education programs in the field of computers, information technology and other areas. The Minister of Higher Education is the chairman and the Secretary of Higher Education is the Vice Chairman of CCTEK. Officers of Technical Education Department and representatives from industry and technological university are the other members of the governing body. The target group who are benefited from the CCTEK programmes are community people, physically handicapped, socially backward, women, etc.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s birth centenary year 1969, in 37 universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from universities, colleges and institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
The motto of NSS: “NOT ME NOT YOU, BUT WE”. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the needs for selfless service.
The main initiatives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the problem-solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
The Directorate of Technical Education introduced this scheme in all polytechnics in the year 1998.
In each academic year, many service-oriented programmes are organized by the NSS unit of our Institution under the guidelines of NSS cell, DTE, Bangalore. The programmes include:
- Maintenance of roads
- Literacy classes
- Water conservation
- Plastic eradication
- Tree plantation
- Campus cleaning
These programmes aim to inculcate social welfare in students and to provide service to the society without bias. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. NSS also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
“The Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its parent organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the programme officer under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing their own office-bearers.
The mission of the Indian Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human sufferings can be minimized and even prevented and thus contribute to creating more congenial climate for peace.
“The Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its parent
- To create an awareness of the care of their own health and of others.
- To understand and to accept of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster a better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
- Protection of health and life.
- Service to the sick and sufferings.
- Promotion of National and International friendship.
- To develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”MAP” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]
Contact no.: 08236-259469
Website: http://dte.karnataka.gov.in/Institutes/gptsrirangapatna/[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][su_carousel source=”category: 4″ limit=”28″ link=”post”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]