Government Polytechnic is an AICTE approved institution run by Government of Karnataka and coming under the purview of Directorate of Technical Education. The institute is rendering yeomen service to the citizens of Nagamangala and surrounding areas by offering a three-year diploma program in various engineering courses. The training is rendered by well qualified dedicated staff with a supportive infrastructure.[/vc_cta][vc_btn title=”COURSES” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]Government Polytechnic, Nagamangala is currently being offered in the following departments.
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||
|Diploma in Computer Science Engineering||
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering||
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”FACILITIES” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]Government Polytechnic, Nagamangala
National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, popularly known as NSS was launched in Gandhiji’s Birth Centenary Year 1969, in 37 Universities involving 40,000 students with primary focus on the development of personality of students through community service. Today, NSS has more than 3.2 million student volunteers on its roll spread over 298 Universities and 42 (+2) Senior Secondary Councils and Directorate of Vocational Education all over the country. From its inception, more than 3.75 crores students from Universities, Colleges and Institutions of higher learning have benefited from the NSS activities, as student volunteers.
The motto of NSS: “NOT ME NOT YOU, BUT WE”. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service.
The main objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in the problem-solving process
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding a practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony
- Youth Red Cross
“Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its parent organization, Indian Red Cross Society. It is a group activity organized within the college for students aged between 18 and 25 years. A qualified lecturer is recognized as the leader and he is called the programme officer. Under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to carry out the activities of the Red Cross Society.
Activities of Youth Red Cross Wing of Government Polytechnic, Nagamangala:
- Promotion of health and hygiene
- Service to others
- National Integration
- World friendliness
- Relief work during emergencies like flood, fire and other natural calamities
- Literacy campaign
- Avoidance of drugs-Say no use of drugs
- AIDS awareness
- Communal harmony-Conflict resolution
- Community services
- Blood donation
- Health check camps
Activities conducted during the year 2012-13:
1) Eye Testing Camp.
2) Blood Donation Camp.
3) Guest Lectures on Health issues
This section actively organizes sports meet every year In Nagamangala stadium.
Separate hostel facilities for both boys & girls.
Well stocked library with latest books on technology, e-magazines & journals.
- Spacious classrooms and drawing halls
- Well equipped laboratories in each branch to impart practical training of latest technology
- Computer labs with internet facility
- Comprehensive library having more than 2000 volumes
- Boy’s hostel having capacity to accommodate 150 inmates located close to the institute
- Canteen for students and staff
- Seminar hall
- Facility for indoor and outdoor sports
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”MAP” color=”danger”][vc_cta h2=”” txt_align=”justify” style=”outline” color=”black” css_animation=”none”]
Near Devalapura Handpost,
Mandya dist., Nagamangala rural
Nagamangala – 571432
Contact no.: 0820- 2570244
Mobile no.: 9448753437
Email id : email@example.com
Website : http://dte.karnataka.gov.in/Institutes/gptnagamangala/[/vc_cta][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Various Polytechnic Courses After 10th[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][su_carousel source=”category: 4″ limit=”28″ link=”post”][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]